Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had numerous messages to top up my engine coolant, when it clearly didn't need it.(DS4 1600 Sport) Took it in to Citroen to have it checked and they said it needed a new sensor.

Took it in to have the new sensor fitted. That morning they had a technical bulletin saying not to replace the sensor as there is a fault with the sensors. Instead they were told to fit a 'blank plug.

So no sensor and I'll just have to regularly check the coolant level manually.

Any one else had this?

Roger

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had my battery replaced a few weeks ago but nothing was mentioned about the sensor

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've got the same coolant problemTook the car in and was told it was a faulty sensor,will order one
Went back to have it fitted and on the way home exactly same warning sign flashing
Now going back for further investigation
When it goes back I'll ask what they have done to fix it and see if they admit to just blanking it off

·
Registered
267 Posts
Roger- I had the same issue- yes u need to replace the temp sensor or else the coolant level will keep dropping and you will need to constantly top up.After that you need to upgrade the fuse box ( under MTW recall campaign) - or else the temp warning light will light up on your dash board even though the coolant level is full.

Hope this help. After these were done, i had no more problem whatsoever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts