Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I live in South Africa and have owned a Citroen DS4 HDi 160 Sports Auto since 2014. The vehicle went in for its 3rd service about 5 weeks ago which, based on feedback I received from the dealership, was only a minor service.

The day after the service, I took the vehicle out in the morning and did quite a bit of driving around. I then returned home and parked the vehicle in my garage and it stood for around an hour and a half before I needed to head out again. When I started the car, the engine cut out around 3 seconds after starting. No warning lamps or error messages displayed. I tried restarting immediately but the engine would just turn over and not start. I immediately called the dealership and they advised me to bring the car back in as soon as possible (assuming I was able to restart it). After waiting for an hour, I was able to restart the car but noticed that when I engaged either reverse or drive, there was no creep (which concerned me as I have an auto). I took the vehicle back to the dealership, a one hour drive from where I live, and after running diagnostics they said that the battery protection unit was faulty.

After waiting 3 weeks for the part to arrive in South Africa from France, they replaced the unit and said that the vehicle was fine. I collected the car and drove it home where I parked it in the garage. An hour after parking the car, I had to head out and when I tried to start the car, the exact same problem occurred. Called the dealership who were at a loss to explain why the problem had reoccurred. I explained to them that I did not experience this problem when starting the car from cold or from hot. The problem occurs if the engine is at an intermediate temperature.

The dealership has had the vehicle for a week now and have been unable to reproduce the problem. What they have done though is perform a software update. I'll be collecting the vehicle from them tomorrow and see whether the software update has fixed the problem.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with their DS4? Could the software cause the problem I was experiencing?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on my DS4.

Collected the vehicle this morning and haven't experienced the problem again. The dealership said they updated the software on two systems, so I suspect that an incorrect update was performed at the service.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was thinking crank speed sensor but that would throw an error code up - I wonder if there is some anomaly where by at a specific ambient temperature when the engine is hot it won't fuel the car, seems very odd. Would be worth seeing how it performs when you get it home!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.