Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum. My names mike and I live on the Isle of Man. I have a D sport HDi 160 which I bought in November last year in Harrogate. I have experienced a couple of problems since buying it all of which seem to be common problems on here first being the Bluetooth and microphone of which Citroen replaced the radio for a new one. I quite often find my windows partially open when returning to my car. The most recent problem which happens on Saturday is the car beeps and a message appears saying engine fault repair required. This happened twice and has now stopped? Anyone else had this?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mike,
I have had my car now for about 6 weeks and it is actually going back to the dealership on Saturday so that they can have it for a week, the reason for this is it is having the microphone replaced as it isn't working correctly but also because I had an 'engine faultrepair required' also.

I was stuck in traffic and I turned the engine off as we were not going anywhere, I started it up after a couple of minutes as we were about to move but the engine started to chug and was very rattily, the engine then stopped all together. I then started the car again after a couple of seconds and it was fine but the repair engine stayed up and the engine light stayed on.

I took my car to the garage they plugged it in to see what the error codes said, the engine had low fuel pressure as though it had run out of fuel (but it hadn't), but also there was an electrical fault on their too that has been a fault for months (the car is 10 months old and I bought it second hand).

FYI the error codes will turn off if the fault does not occur again after a predetermined number of ignition starts e.g.

I started the car 10 times after the initial fault and it did not pick up the fault again so it cleared the faults off the dash but kept it logged on its computer.

I recommend that you take it to a dealership if possible and ask them to plug it into a diagnostic machine as that will give the technician the error codes, plus it will tell them if any software updates are required. The technician thinks that the reason why my car cut out is possibly a clogged up fuel filter but that is just a guess as it was not checked just hooked upto the diagnostic machine.

I hope this gives you some food for thought and I shall let you know what the garage says when I pick it up the following weekend.

Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my 35mth old E-hdi Dstyle Airdream did this to me 3 weeks ago. This "engine failure repairneeded"fault appeared and stayed on. A nice RAC chappie forewarned me that two injectors had failed. Car spent two weeks in the dealers being fixed under warranty. Got it back and two days later got a new fault "gearbox failure repair needed". That message went out but still took it to the dealer.Bottom line they gave me: if the message is permanently on, get it to the garage; if it goes out, try a re-boot (switch ign off and on again). Thinking of changing car before the other injectors go phut or the gearbox message stays on! Bah.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had issues with my last car, a C5, and the diagnostic test showed up a potential injector issue. Never used supermarket diesel since

·
Registered
2 Posts
I admit it does get diesel from a well known supermarket chain. But then so did my 07 C4 VTR+ (which I had no engine problems with in its 4 year life with me). I've treated them both the same, only the DS4 has had issue after issue. It was back in the dealer today with chronic corrosion on all wheels. I'm waiting on the answer as to whether they'll fixthem under warranty... DS4-depression is definitely setting in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
this may sound stupid,but I have read some horror stories about loose injectors. is there any reason why the captive bolts cannot be thread locked?over the years tinkering with cars I have on many occasions used Locktite with no ill effects.just a thought,opinions please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts