Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS4 Sport has encountered a fault, It has warned me of a Engine Temperature fault, Stop the engine, needs repair, The cooling fan runs for about 2 mins, GUTTED as now I cannot drive it, a bit pigged off as my Ford S Max I traded in for it never missed a beat, had this car for 6 weeks and now un drive able till Citroen recover it

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ben.greenaway said:
My DS4 Sport has encountered a fault, It has warned me of a Engine Temperature fault, Stop the engine, needs repair, The cooling fan runs for about 2 mins, GUTTED as now I cannot drive it, a bit pigged off as my Ford S Max I traded in for it never missed a beat, had this car for 6 weeks and now un drive able till Citroen recover it

I bet its only another dodgy temp sender. If the fan only stays on for 2 mins it cant be that serious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is starting to be a more common fault. The same issue I had beginning of the month. Dealership had my car for 4 days. Turned out it was a leaking hose in the engine. They fixed it, but broke my fuel gauge. And yesterday the same problems started again and now includes leaking coolant. So back she goes to the dealership.
Take it to the dealership, warranty covers it. Good luck. Lets us know.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep citroen assist been out fully checked over, been confirmed sensor fault, my wife has argued it out with the dealer and the car is being collected Thursday for repair, after sales service is pretty poor, was told originally to drive the car 21 miles and ignore what the car was telling me, was told it should be alright,

Disappointed

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ben.greenaway said:
Yep citroen assist been out fully checked over, been confirmed sensor fault, my wife has argued it out with the dealer and the car is being collected Thursday for repair, after sales service is pretty poor, was told originally to drive the car 21 miles and ignore what the car was telling me, was told it should be alright,

Disappointed

Get the dealer to e-mail the instruction to drive it to them and confirming they have a loan car for you. If you do more damage en-route its down to them and deffo on warranty.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm amazed, car was picked up Thursday and returned same day hopefully fixed, not driven it yet. I was told that it has had a software update to remove some issues and a fuse was replaced but I get the feeling it was the sensor replaced.

·
Registered
135 Posts
On the subject of the fan staying on after switching off the engine, mine does that randomly, usually for at least two or three minutes, sometimes after a very short trip. Does any one have the same issue or know why it might be?

·
Registered
395 Posts
nethers said:
On the subject of the fan staying on after switching off the engine, mine does that randomly, usually for at least two or three minutes, sometimes after a very short trip. Does any one have the same issue or know why it might be?
thermoelectric fans do this as a matter of course when engine hot. It is usually nothing to worry about, unless it is coming on and staying on from start-up which would be sus as engine could not have warmed up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts