Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my car in yesterday, just thinking that I was being over sensitive again. The car had been making a whining noise when releasing the clutch at low speeds in 2nd gear.

I also took it in because there were a few new rattles that I wanted to get checked.

Anyway, got the call at about 3:30 to say that they had found an issue, and the car had a faulty drive shaft. Now this means less that squat to me, and hopefully will be easy to resolve. I believe they are ordering the part on Monday, so hopefully it will be there later that day (lets hope it doesn't have to come from France).

I have been given a DS3 for the weekend. Definitely missing all the toys from my lady.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any others with drive shaftissues? I was halfway through a three-point turn when the nearside CV joint let go, showering the road with shards of metal and ball bearings and leaving me stranded diagonally across a street.
I inherited this DS4 (1.6D auto) with a new job, just a few weeks ago, so don't know what abuse it may have suffered before I got my hands on it (in other words: it wasn't me, boss!). It's done about 35,000 miles in 18 months. These components really shouldn't fail, even if the car went over potholes and kerbs on a daily basis. Anyway, that kind of impact would show on the wheel rims, which are fine. Coincidentally I had new front tyres fitted the day before, but can't imagine that could be implicated.
Maybe it's a one-off, but I would be interested to hear of any similar experiences.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rev G
It is a 2013 2lt Dieslel and had 2,500 miles on the clock.

I asked them if this was a common fault, and he said Citroen had known about it on the older ones and had come out with a solution to fix it. Seems mine must have just missed the fix. It drove fine, it was just the whine it made when pulling off in 2nd gear.

They appear to have fixed this issue, but it took a few months the 1st time so will keep an eye (or ear) and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Russ

I got this info from Uk recall website...check it out especially the VIN number<h1 style="margin: 10px 0px 0.2em; color: rgb74, 75, 77; font-size: 1.6em; font-family: sans-serif, verdana; line-height: 18px; : rgb188, 193, 199;">Citroen DS4 Suspension Bolt Recall</h1><h2 style="margin: 10px 0px 0.2em; color: rgb74, 75, 77; font-size: 1.3em; font-family: sans-serif, verdana; line-height: 18px; : rgb188, 193, 199;">Recall Summary</h2>Citroen DS4 suspension bolts may come loose.<h2 style="margin: 10px 0px 0.2em; color: rgb74, 75, 77; font-size: 1.3em; font-family: sans-serif, verdana; line-height: 18px; : rgb188, 193, 199;">Recall Issue</h2>Citroen has found that on some DS4s the front suspension lower arms may not be fully secure because mounting bolts may not have been tightened correctly. The driver will initially be alerted because of the abnormal noise that will develop. However, if the noise is ignored over a long period there is a possibility that detachment of the lower arms could occur.Citroen are recalling the affected DS4s and replacing the suspension bolts and tightening them to the correct torque.<h2 style="margin: 10px 0px 0.2em; color: rgb74, 75, 77; font-size: 1.3em; font-family: sans-serif, verdana; line-height: 18px; : rgb188, 193, 199;">Citroen DS4s Affected By This Recall</h2>There are 6 Citroens (across all models) affected by this recall. They have VINs in the range - VF7******CY519919 to VF7******CY522634.<h2 style="margin: 10px 0px 0.2em; color: rgb74, 75, 77; font-size: 1.3em; font-family: sans-serif, verdana; line-height: 18px; : rgb188, 193, 199;">What Should Citroen DS4 Owners Do?</h2>If you have, or believe you may have, one of the affected Citroen DS4s then please contact your local dealer.<h2 style="margin: 10px 0px 0.2em; color: rgb74, 75, 77; font-size: 1.3em; font-family: sans-serif, verdana; line-height: 18px; : rgb188, 193, 199;">Recall Launched</h2>May 2012.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts