Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i pull away in 1st i notice a considerable drop in revs and power, then it builds back up. Considering its a 200BHP im not expecting this low response. My wifes DS3 160 thp sets of like a rocket. No comparison.

No concerns when accelarating past 2000revs, just at pulling away.

Does anyone have the same issue with their Dsport 200th?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Richard Thornton said:
When i pull away in 1st i notice a considerable drop in revs and power, then it builds back up. Considering its a 200BHP im not expecting this low response. My wifes DS3 160 thp sets of like a rocket. No comparison.

No concerns when accelarating past 2000revs, just at pulling away.

Does anyone have the same issue with their Dsport 200th?

Thanks

I've noticed the same; if you're trying to set off quickly it is sometimes a second or two before the car seems to realize you have the throttle down - I thought it was just mine! If I am setting off at a normal pace it's fine however.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Richard Thornton said:
Exactly !
I wonder if its ESP related?

Could be, I guess - I've not tried switching it off to try ... good idee! I am actually off to the dealer tomorrow to get my engine reprogrammed and the firmware upgraded, after it's been done I will let you know if it's any different.

Richcy

·
Registered
117 Posts
richcy said:
Richard Thornton said:
Exactly !

Could be, I guess - I've not tried switching it off to try ... good idee! I am actually off to the dealer tomorrow to get my engine reprogrammed and the firmware upgraded, after it's been done I will let you know if it's any different.

Richcy

Well, I could be imagining it - but, since the reprogram of the engine the seems much more responsive! I will test some more tomorrow - but so far, the results are promising! I'd book yourself into a dealer ...

·
Registered
117 Posts
richcy said:
richcy said:
Richard Thornton said:
Exactly !

Richcy

Well, I could be imagining it - but, since the reprogram of the engine the seems much more responsive! I will test some more tomorrow - but so far, the results are promising! I'd book yourself into a dealer ...

The engine, at least in my opinion, seems much more responsive (and I haven't even tried with ESP disabled
). If you do take it in for a full reprogram (sat nav, engine, etc) then do bear in mind you will need to redo some of the settings, like the speed limiter/cruise control pre-sets, lighting settings, vehicle parameters, etc - even down to pairing the keys! It's worth the slightinconvenience!

Richcy

Edited by: richcy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Richard Thornton said:
Hi
Was there any cost in the reprogramming?

Thanks
I had the reprogramming done for free - my dealers chief technician recommended it after I took him for a spin when I mentioned the engine felt lumpy, and making a 'whirring' noise (in first and second gear). They had it up on ramps, etc - couldn't find anything wrong so recommended this approach. The engine definitely feels a less lumpy and a lot more responsive, but the whirring hasn't gone away, so will need to take it back. But, I'd definitely recommend getting the engine reprogrammed if you can!

Richcy

Edited by: richcy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HiIts going in on monday for a look at. Hopefully will be re programmed. Something is going on as my mate works at the local Citreon dealer and when i mentioned this low response he said they would take it in straight away, no quibble. He asked for my mileage also when i asked for the re programme. I think there is an underlining issue here they know about.

After futher trials, i noticed a lack of response on any accelaration under about 1500rpm through the box. My thoughts are the turbo kick in point, which can be re programmed.

Fingers crossed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts