Registered
551 Posts
Nice colour!
I haven't seen one before.
Pearl white still number one in my opinion though

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks good on a dsport I had that colour on a dstyle that I had as a loaner thought it was quite nice on it.

I'm gonna disagree with both you and chud though.. pearl black is the best lol :)

Take care... azzyEdited by: Aztek1701

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of course Fluid Grey is the best colour, not just because mine is, but it hides dirt very well! This is mine waiting for its turn at the carwash

·
Registered
472 Posts
As Azzy says you can't beat Black Pearl

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wayne said:
Of course Fluid Grey is the best colour, not just because mine is, but it hides dirt very well! This is mine waiting for its turn at the carwash

Carwash!? ...sacrilege! Car washes damage the paintwork, makes it swirl!

·
Registered
551 Posts
CARWASH!!NO!!!If you love your fluid grey paint that much don't put it through a car wash,it will ruin the paint finish.
As Richcy says it will impart swirl marks that dull the shine and can only be removed by machine polishing.Even the "hand wash "stations are just as bad,they use sponges,chamies and blades which all damage your paint.
Only use wool wash mitts and the 2 bucket method and dry with amicrofibre.

·
Registered
312 Posts
chud786 said:
CARWASH!!NO!!![If you love your fluid grey paint that much don't put it through a car wash,it will ruin the paint finish.
As Richcy says it will impart swirl marks that dull the shine and can only be removed by machine polishing.Even the "hand wash "stations are just as bad,they use sponges,chamies and blades which all damage your paint.
Only use wool wash mitts and the 2 bucket method and dry with amicrofibre.]
Very true chud786,car washes are bad news!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice! I never knew even sponges, chamois and blades can damage the paint.....luckily it was the first time and, hopefully, still not too late....

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm sure you're not Hutch but here you go:-First of all NEVER use a sponge it will not lift the dirt from your paint just spread it about and cause swirls and scratches,use a lambs wool wash mit or similar it will lift the dirt and hold it in its fibers away from your paint.
Then use 2 buckets to wash your car,one with your shampoo mix and one with clean water.
Take suds from your bucket and starting at the top wash your car using minimum pressure,rinse your mit in the clean water and remove as much contaminated water as you can before putting it back in your suds that way all the dirt stays in the rinse bucket and you only ever use clean water on your car.
Pretty simple really

·
Registered
164 Posts
Many thanks.Looks like I will have to ditch the sponge and invest in a new bucket.Neighbor's son also highly critical of my car washing technique.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi - i have invested in a waterless car wash technique imported from the US. It works like a treat. The car is protected and looks very good after the whole process which takes about an hour. Just spray the chemical onto the body and wipe clean with a microfibre cloth. Not sure whether its available in the UK yet. Its done once a week.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've never used oneI think if you change your microfibre often enough it should be ok

1 - 20 of 22 Posts