Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed another quirk. When i indicate left, the front left Fog light comes on and when I indicate right, the front right fog light comes on.Is this supposed ti happen or just dodgy wiring or am i losing it

·
Registered
312 Posts
Are you turning the wheel when the fog light comes on,its designed to turn the right fog on when turning right and the left when turning left. You can turn it off in the menu if you want.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It had occurred to me afterwards that these are meant to be "directional" lights. On the C5 the directional lights engaged when you turned the steering wheel,and in the direction of the turn. On the DS4, the fog light came on (pointing straight ahead) while stationary in traffic when the indicator was switched on.Is this really meant to be directional lighting?Must consult the manual again

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think the fog lights turn when the speed is below 30mph.don't know aboutcomingon when you indicate
I'll have to check on mine

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah they only come on at low speeds,don't know what the cut off speed . Dont think the indicators operatethem,I think they come on when you turn the wheel.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for checking. Mine switch on with the indicator, even when stationary. Go figure!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think your both right. On mine they come on when the steering wheel I is turned more than about 10 degrees at less than about 30 mph and also when the indicator is on along with the headlights an the steering is straight.

Take care... azzy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the response. Good to know that this is meant to happen although I question its value as "directional lighting". It doesn't compare with the directional lighting on the C5.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What did the c5 have?. Was it steering headlights? If so the xenon equipped ds4s have that too. Only at low speed (like less than 2 MPH) they don't steer lol.

Azzy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The C5 had a dedicated light in the front light clusters which would light up when you turned the steering wheel. Simple really.I don't notice any lighting effect on the DS4 despite the "directional lights" being configured on on the menu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm noticing how annoying these are now because of the dark mornings and evenings. They're a pain for me as most of the streets around my area are narrow so I spend most of mytime at low speeds manoeuvring around parked cars and if there is an oncoming car it sometimes thinks I am flashing them to pass, either that or they think my car is having some sort of fit!Also when I'm sat at traffic lights with my indicator on it just dazzles other road users.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable this function? If not I'm wondering whether to just take out the fog light bulbs

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can turn then off via the menu. I'm an ex c5 owner and the cornering lights were great but the bulbs went after 6/9 months. I never replaced them for the remaing 2 and half years of ownership. I find the lights on the ds4 are great and the cornering fog is just not necessary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah right it's the 'directional headlamps' option. For some reason I thought it was something else, thanks anyway :) I have turned them off now - hooray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts