Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While talking about feul consumptiona friend of mine said "If you can afford a DS4, you should afford fuel without whining about it". Still, with fuel prices on the rise I do try to reduce the cost as much as possible.
My current millage is more than 1500 km and I average 7.6 l/km (ca. 31mpg) on my 1.6 VTi 120 hp while it says in the manual we should burn about 6.6.Waiting and making myself believe that will normalize itself after having driven 5000 km (also said in the manual).

What areyour scores guys?

·
Registered
155 Posts
3 days of mixed driving ( my cars done 16,000 miles now)

·
Registered
25 Posts
g-p-t - that is good consumption. I have same engine and gearbox as yours, done 31,000 miles - into second set of tyres now. Fuel consumption is only 52 - 54mpg. This compares to 64.9mpg average combined in the brochure.
DShark - by my calcs 7.6 is almost 37mpg not 31? The brochure I have says 1.6 VTi returns 45.2mpg combined. My guess is you won't get much better than 37 mpg. As a crude check, if you take the brochure combined figure of 64 (for the 1.6 Hdi EGS) versus actual of say 53 ( average of mine and gpt's ), that's 82.8% of the brochure combined figure. 82.8% of 45mpg for the 1.6 VTi, is 37.4mpg. Not sure what the science is here as one is diesel and one is petrol but it does give an indication of the additional losses suffered in 'real world' driving. The brochure test figures are all laboratory based on a rolling road and no wind resistance. Complaining to Citroen will probably only get the usual 'it's your driving style', response from both dealer and Citroen... but may be worth asking them to check the vehicle over if the consumption is actually only 31. In the handbook it does quote a mileage by which time the fuel consumption should have steadied. 1500kms may be around that figure .. I would give it another 500kms and if really at 31 talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try to listen to the car, there's a prompter telling you when to change gear in my model. I also use the Eco Drive mode. But I have winter tyres, use A/C almost all the time to keep windows clear (they get misty with the heating on in temperatures below or just above zero degrees Celsius), the radio's on of course and I drive with the navi quite often. Besiede, as everything's new I put it to the test, e.g. the massaging function.

·
Registered
25 Posts
DShark.. that web reference uses US Gallons. My calcs, 4.5 litres to the UK gallon, therefore 7.6litres = 1.6888. 100km = 62.1mile. Hence mpg = 62.1/1.6888 = 36.78mpg. As a check, the brochure says 45mpg = 6.2L/100km.
Winter tyres may use a bit more fuel when on blacktop (as their grip is better than 'normal' tyres) but I would not have thought as much as 15% perhaps up to 3 %. Did you check the handbook for the number of miles before fuel consumption settles down ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zippy said:
DShark.. that web reference uses US Gallons. My calcs, 4.5 litres to the UK gallon, therefore 7.6litres = 1.6888. 100km = 62.1mile. Hence mpg = 62.1/1.6888 = 36.78mpg. As a check, the brochure says 45mpg = 6.2L/100km.
Winter tyres may use a bit more fuel when on blacktop (as their grip is better than 'normal' tyres) but I would not have thought as much as 15% perhaps up to 3 %. Did you check the handbook for the number of miles before fuel consumption settles down ?
Thanks Zippy, I did not know that. There are too many types of gallons in this world.

I did check and minegives the number in kilometers, so it says it should settle down after about 3000 (in some cases even up to 5000km), so that makes about 1863 miles, if my claculations are correct.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've recently noticed that using cruise control on motorways considerably reduces fuel consumption.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I no this threads old but i also have the 120vti got 1200miles on the clock and im only getting 31mpg tops :/. Really struggling to get it any higher has yours improved dshark?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortuantely not
, it's increased actually to 7.8 litres, don't know how it traslates into UK mpg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts