Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have the 200 THP model and was wondering what everyone else is getting per gallon as mine seems a bit thirstyand getting nothing like the fuel economy figures quoted in manual although i did read not to expect to hit the fueleconomy quoted forfirst 3 to 4000 milescan anyone verify this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have theHDi 160 DSport so probably not much help for comparison

Averaging around 37mpg.This is almost all town driving, school runs etc. Still only got approx 1800 miles on clock sp far

Edited by: pippin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Deano,

Just as Pippin, I also have the 2.0 HDI 160 model so not much help but I get 44mpg average and have done just under 2k miles. (Mixed driving between town driving and motorway)

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Deano
I have the HDI 1600 EGS so this bears no direct comparison to any other models mentioned including yours, but I do have an issue with the actual fuel consumption which struggles to get above 50mpg as compared to the advertised combined figure of 64mpg (with a range of 59 - 69mpg). The car has now done over 8000miles. I do about 2500 miles a month.

Since the advertised fuel consumption was a major selling point for me, an actual of 50 compared to a combined of 64 is a big disappointment. The handbook says two conflicting things. In one place it says fuel consumption will settle down after 1800miles and in another it says 3- 4000 miles. I have complained to the dealer and to Citroen direct and both have said that there is nothing wrong. The engine set up is correct.

Based on my car experience, the actual is 78% of the advertised combined. If this was representative of your car(s) it would mean the 200THP will probably average around 34 and the HDi 160 around 43mpg. I hope you do better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Chaps,
I drive the 2.0Hdi 160 and she has done 4000 miles.

Just my figures i'm getting:

City driving + little highway: 46MPG
Highway mostly: 51 MPg

Driving on 50ppm Diesel as avail in SA.

Regards

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just picked up DS4 1.6D EGS two weeks ago (700km) on the clock and am not too impressed with the fuel consumption so far. I'mgetting 5.6l per 100km (or 51MPG) on mainly non-urban driving which is way off the stated figures. I'm hoping this will improve as the car "settles in"

·
Registered
42 Posts
It probably will... I understand diesels still have a "running in" period, (might be wrong but its what I was told a while back). I can get my 2.0 - 160 hdi with 8500 miles on it to read 49.5 mpgon normal driving and I can hit the advertised figure of 55mpg (i think) but I have to drive it REALLY easy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm getting about 50mpg non urban driving and that's taking it easy which kind of takes the enjoyment out of it. I.hope it improves

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hutch
I would be interested to know whether this improves. I have the 1.6 HDi EGS too and the principal selling point for me was the advertised fuel economy. I have complained to Citroen (see my earlier reply) and got the 'it varies with driving style' response. I have tried various maximum speeds on my regular 50mile commute journey but it makes little difference. Also, I believe the dealer's demo doesn't do any better, as Citroen cited this as a reason why no further investigation was required into my complaint, so I conclude it is not my driving style.

I found the early variable consumption stabilised around 2000 miles and has stayed around 49 - 51mpg. I have now done nearly 10,000 and it has not improved. Very disappointing. I feel the advertised economy, which, even at the urban end of the range is 58.9mpg, is misleading. My experience with other cars is that I have generally managed to achieve an overall figure close to, - usually in excess of, the advertised average combined figure.

The almost weekly increase in the price of diesel adds to the disappointment !

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm only 700km in, so my plan is to see how it develops over the month or so. However my last C5 was more economical from the off and close to stated consuption. My main reason for changing and buying the EGS model was to get better fuel economy, so I'm also very disappointed.I'll keep posted on how it develops, but based on my experience so far, I'm not optimistic. I agree that the stated fuel consumption is misleading

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was told the EGS was a key reason for the (advertised) excellent fuel economy. It is a bit quirky though, and as an automatic, not great, but I thought, well, for 64 mpg, I can live with it. I had a BMW 330d (3litre diesel) auto M Sport Tourer before this and got 42- 44 mpg which was much more than the advertised figure of 35-37 from memory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Ciao

All short urban runs in traffic and now clocked up just over 1000 miles, fuel economy rubbish, in the mid 20's, variable on the way i drive. Hoping it gets better with increased mileage.

Lovely car though

·
Registered
164 Posts
Agree its a lovely car and I also agree that the fuel consumption is rubbish. This was a major consideration for changing from my previous Citroën, I'm quite disappointed with this aspect of the car I'm genuinely interested to know if anybody is getting good fuel consumption or is it just my car (a 1.6 diesel EGS) its not my driving style as Im pretty good at squeezing miles out of cars

·
Registered
2 Posts
we have the egs 1.6 diesal it only returns 48 mpg with mixed driving this is no better than our old c4 1.6 egs..... should have got the golf blue motion as we have a problem with the steering wheel out of alinement [ from new ] also the finsh on the steering wheel is comming off.... dealers no help @ all feel like we have been conned..... we have purchased 4 new citroens in the last 6 years ..... time to buy german we think .....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Someone on another forum said he was got 46 mpg on a long run which sounds good to me,hope mine gets that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
777 mile run on mostly motorway worked out at 42mpg @ 69mph (avg). Cruise control set at 76 on motorways and AC on most of the way.

1.6 155THP.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts