Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its happened a few times when i put say £20 diesel in the tank and it still shows the sign to go fill up, put another £5 in and still shows it then maybe a 3rd time putting £2 in it shoots right up showing say 200 miles left till next fill up. any ideas?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sticking fuel gauge sender, try driving a bit after putting your£20 I bet it comes up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
t1981s said:
Thanks, appears to be rising with each mile i drive in it.

When I fill up it says around 500 miles, if I am motorway cruising this then increases, its a slightly subjective system. Dont get too stressed about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not too much that as i know its up and down depending on the type of driving you are doing but its the fact 1 week i can put in £35 and its fine then the next i put the same in and it shows up practically empty. im having other issues as being told the parking system has failed whilst driving or something else has failed so i might pop it into the garage at some point to see if an update is needed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a warning come up about parking assist failure. Having looked in the handbook, it does say that they should be kept clean so I guess all the dirt thrown up in the current weather is stopping them working properly. Unfortunately, I have found that rear sensors didn't work properly about a week ago when I backed into a telegraph pole, with no beeps sounding. I was going very slowly, so no damage. But it shows that you can't rely on them.
Haven't had any problems with the fuel guage, but usually put about £50 worth in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts