Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had the car hoovered out when it was in for a service on Friday, I thought today would be a good opportunity to give the whole inside of the car a good tidy up and clear out.

After getting rid of all the loose debris, assorted receipts, carpark tickets etc, I set about cleaning and polishing the inside of the car. You forget how nice they are when they are new, getting rid of that film of dust soon makes it look so good again. Giving the steering wheel a good clean and then a coating of AG leather balm makes it look like new again, same with the gear stick knob.

A proper cleaning of the inside of the windows and I can see out into the world again

I like to keep the outside of the car looking clean and well polished, but have to admit that the inside is often left without the same TLC. Seeing the difference today's efforts have made may well change my thinking on that in future.
It looks almost new in there now

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine was proper manky last year when I was commuting between Lincolnshire & Northumberland, it's amazing how much better the seats look after a proper vacuum!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I learnt a lesson, little and often, and it'll look a lot better than leaving it for six months before trying a massive clear out and cleanup

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I had some time on my hands yesterday afternoon I gave the car the full external clean up as well. Proper wash, including door shuts, bonnet and boot shuts. Followed that with a once over with Autoglym Aqua Wax and buffed to a nice shine.

Wheels got their first really proper cleaning for a while and the finished article looks quite good if I say so myself.

However, when out early this morning, a huge seagull managed to obliterate half the hatchback door with a carefully aimed strike. Had to wash it off before it set.

Mental note to self.... don't park under lampposts as seaguls lighten the load on takeoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts