Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people. I have been lurking for a while and been researching this car like mad. I love it and want to buy it!

But so far I have test driven the THP200 and 2.0D 160 and its a hard choice between them, though I think the THP200 will win eventually :)
Anyway, both models I drove were kitted out to the max (naturally) and had the EMyWay Sat nav option chosen.

Thing is, I don't really NEED the Satnav as I use my phone for that mostly. From what I can see, if youdon'tget the EMyWay option instead you get a small 3-4 line monochrome display.

I have seen a youtube video of a C4 in Malaysia where the guy demoing does go through the menu a little but my question is:

Does the EMyWay screen add anyfunctionalityat all other than Sat Nav? Put another way, without the big screen, can you still configure all the car's other settings and options? Other than not having turn by turn guidance on the dials (obviously) will any other functions not beavailableon the dials?

I ask because trying to find a used THP200 in black with Sat Nav is tricky - if I skip the last option, then I get more choices, but want to know what I may miss out on...

BTW, dead jel of all of you who have DS4... :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi m8, yeh you can still adjust all you need to without the sat nav screen, it's a bit slow sometimes and slightly fiddly but possible. I bought a 1.6tdi d style I think, never ever considered a Citroen but I can highly recommend it, I only bought it cause of the fuel consumption, I'm getting 50.4mpg at the moment and to be fair I don't spare the horses, it's not amazingly quick but it's quick enough, got to say its a lovely car, my last 3 cars have been Volvo s60, merc ml and tt quatro 225bhp, I would put it up there just behind the tt, handling is really good, it's nippy enough and pretty well loaded, only thing I would recommend is getting the best sounds u can for it, the standard ones are gutless and I can't be bothered to put a sub in as its on a 2 year lease. Good luck, enjoy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The sat nav is much better to look at but it does no more. I got a pearl white ds4 hdi dsport and couldn't recommend it more. Great fun and good economy. I paid extra for the colour but gave all other options a miss. The standard seats are nice, the sat nav I just don't need, and the standard ice is decent. I got mine in October and alls well. My brother got one in black and he went down the same route. Photo's in gallery if interested.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you for replying. I had heard the speakers were rubbish so may look into that and Boothy79, I have seen your "black& white" pics! very nice :)

Was chatting to a good friend last night and now may have decided to get the diesel, so now the hunt on autotrader can begin!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We have 2 DS4's at work, one with MyWay, one without. One thing to note, the bluetooth music streaming on the non MyWay is pants (there are loads of threads on it, here and on C4 forums) its really bad quality, un-listenable, whereas on the MyWay one it sounds great. Interestingly though, the non MyWay picks up the Track/Artist name over Bluetooth where as the MyWay system just displays the phone name, but not that it matters as the quality is so bad. Just letting you know if you would plan on using the bluetooth music streaming. I would love to but unfortunately the non MyWay one is mine!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, thecork. As it happens, I am about to buy a Dsport which has the eMyWay system in it, innit. But thanks for the bluetooth tip as I was planning to stream from my phone and I'm glad it will sound ok! Easier to stream then to keep fiddlingaboutwith USB sticks.

Hopefully pickup on Saturday and pics to follow!

·
Registered
60 Posts
No worries, glad you've found what you want, you'll definitely enjoy it!! Yeah the bluetooth thing is annoying as i would much rather use it, especially as my system as a way of playing music from the USB stick in 'random' as i want, but then starts from the first track whenever i turn the car on and play the same tracks in 'random' in the same order over and over again...rather annoying when you have 2500 tracks on shuffle and you know which one is coming next each time!! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zikes! that would drive me bananas! Best go with the shipping forecast :) a truly random selection of words...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Bluetooth streaming works great without my way. Take yours to the dealers. Kingkoresh glad you got sorted. Photo's please when it arrives

·
Registered
60 Posts
What phone do you use? I think the issue is related to iPhones. A thread on c4forums has one guy getting his entire head unit replaced and it didn't fix it, still awful quality. It was also bad in the dealers car that i hooked my phone up to during a test drive so i've personally seen it on two cars. Mine is due a service in a few weeks so will be having a word for sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen posts regarding the lack of postcode input into the sat nav does anyone have sny ideas if a fix is on its way

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't know if a fix is on the way, when I first got my ds4 and discovered the lack of post code entry I was mighty p**** d off I can tell you, it's something to do with French post codes being shorter than ours. Now Iam used to the satnav I find putting the full address in is no problem. It is a very accurate system

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an iphone4s. Had a car full of lads after footy last night and tested it on them and they couldn't tell the difference between cd and Bluetooth. Mines a oct 12 car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
kibsey said:
I've seen posts regarding the lack of postcode input into the sat nav does anyone have sny ideas if a fix is on its way

Its the only thing that lets it down at the mo, tested against our Garmin its just as accurate, but very slow to use.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting, mine is also oct 12, no MyWay and i had the same problem with my 4 and 5 so will definitely see what they say at the garage when it goes in for a service!

Out of interest, does yours also sometimes get the track name and album name mixed up the wrong way round? More often than not the display shows the album name in the middle (where the track name should be) and the song name down the bottom...stupid thing!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can't comment on the current system but my old C5 also didnt have full postcode input, only first part and 1st digit of the second part, i then had to put the street in after that. Had it for 3 years and it never got fixed and applied every update that ever came out so dont hold your breathe!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had some initial problems with Bluetooth. Changed the phone to a HTC Android and the streaming quality is very good, maybe even better than the USB (and I don't have MyWay).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts