Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anybody give me advice, I have recently had a soft ware upgrade on my ds4, 1.6 esg, to prevent the gear box fromcontinuing not selecting the right gear whilst pulling away from junctions or failing to select a gear at all.
Since the upgrade, The car has functioned fine in that the two faults abovehave no longer occurred.

The problem I have is that since the upgrade, I have had four occasions in the last two weeks "twice in the same day", were the engine seems like it is trying to get through a dodgy bit of diesel and stutters a bit and won't select the next high gear, before eventually clearing and driving as normal.

The car has always been warm when this has happened three times it has occurred on the 5-15 mph range and the other occasion It was at 45-55 mph whilst trying to build up speed to get on the M25.

On all four occasions it has been whilst I have had a full to half tank of diesel, so I dont think its a diesel issue andIt points to a poor upgrade perhaps containing a gremlin.

The car is back in the same dealership that carried out the upgrade.

Has anyone had a similar experience??

·
Registered
155 Posts
possibly the over zealous traction control/esp ? i get this occasionally pulling away quickly and the car just seems to cut the power for 3 or 4 seconds, very annoying and dangerous ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.