Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div id="gt-res-" ="almost_half_cell" closure_uid_fu37zw="335">
<div style="ZOOM: 1" dir="ltr" closure_uid_fu37zw="334">Hi, I have aDS41.6 HDI 82 KW Anniversary edition. The gearbox is a loud whistling at speeds of 50-70 km/hrregardless of gear and engine speed.
<div style="ZOOM: 1" dir="ltr" closure_uid_fu37zw="334">

<div style="ZOOM: 1" dir="ltr" closure_uid_fu37zw="334">I have complainedwhistlingand the only thing that technicians did was check the oil level in the gearbox and that's it.<br closure_uid_fu37zw="15847" pc="null"><br closure_uid_fu37zw="15848" pc="null">
Citroenrepresentativessays that this is not a malfunction, and it is a standard and regular1.6HDIengine sound! Unfortunately, there is whistling so strong that drowns out the radio. Can you imagine that it is very annoying...
<div style="ZOOM: 1" dir="ltr" closure_uid_fu37zw="334"><br closure_uid_fu37zw="15850" pc="null">
Does anyone of you have experience with this defect?
<div style="ZOOM: 1" dir="ltr" closure_uid_fu37zw="334">

<div style="ZOOM: 1" dir="ltr" closure_uid_fu37zw="334">Thank you Peter/ Czech Republic

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got the 1.6 HDi as well, but there is no noise from the gearbox. If it's so loud that it drowns out the radio, there is definitely something wrong. It might pay you to get a second opinion from an independent garage.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is notceable transmittion whine in all gears but 6th during deceleration onlyin mine, I haven't asked my colleagues yet if they have the same. There are5 of us that work together that have the DS4, 3 are White, 2 are red and on EGS box, the rest manual and all are HDI Style with part leather interior

1 - 3 of 3 Posts