Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my DS4 DStyle earlier this week, after two years with a DS3. First impressions are excellent - it's a kind of grown-up car after the DS3. Rides better, better sound insulation, generally more comfortable.

A couple of niggles. The Gear Efficiency Indicator appears not to work. It's not a big deal because I never paid any attention to it in the DS3, but it's just irritating because it's missing. I wonder if it's been dropped?

The other thing is no matter what I do, I can't programme the door mirrors to 'dip' when reverse is selected. I do what it says in the manual: engage reverse with engine running, select the left or right mirror and use the 4-way button to tilt the mirror down. That's all fine - but it stays there and won't return to normal after deselecting reverse or switching the mirror selector to the middle position. Any tips? What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The manual covers all options whether you have them or not. The DStyle doesn't have auto-dipping reversing mirrors (at least, mine doesn't).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Just posted this in another forum topic. It may be of interest...

..................................................................................

1. New or Second hand car ? New.

2. Which model? DStyle

3. auto or man? "auto" (egs thingy)

4. what year? plated 2011

5. auto dip mirror work or not work? Yep they work - see below.

6. if new car bought was you ask about auto dip mirror? Nope.

So,
following the manual instructions, I can put the car into reverse,
flick the mirror-chooser-button thing (the one that choose left or right
mirrors) and the chosen mirror will automatically tilt down.

I would certainly not want it any more automatic than that, because I would lose rear-vision from the mirrors.

(Flicking
the button towards the rear of the car also folds the mirrors in - very
handy when entering/leaving my extremely narrow garage!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi some d styles and some d sport have auto dipping mirrors it is pot luck if you get it as it is not a add on you can buy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine has the gear efficiency indicator but not the dipping mirrors in reverse. Wouldnt have thought theyd drop the gear efficiency bit as its all go for green these days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can turn the gear efficiency option on and off in the programmable options. I thought the wing mirror dipping was only an option on the Dsport

1 - 7 of 7 Posts