Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a fairly poor summer, it's that time when I start to think about getting the car ready to withstand the rigours of a Scottish winter. Over the past couple of weekends I've slowly started to get the car cleaned out, giving the whole of the inside a proper clean out. I last did this in July after the family holiday, thought I'd done a good job at the time, but I've been amazed at what gathers and what lurks in the darkest corners of the car. Suffice to say, it now looks an awful lot better and with the seats, carpets and surfaces all cleaned and treated, it looks as if it's been cared for all the time.

Next step is to follow up on the start I've made to the outside of the car. I've given it a good wash, paintwork, chrome, door shuts, boot, bonnet, wheel arches etc. That again was a big task but a worthwhile one. Next step will be to give it a further clean and clay before applying AG SRP as a base to see it through the winter. Depnding on conditions it'l get a wash and a once over with Aqua Wax if the winter weekends allow.

Here's hoping we don't get a harsh winter.

Anyone else doing something similar to protect their car ?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I doubt that AGSRP will suffice IMO, particularly in ScotlandI would apply a durable wax like Collinite over the top and refresh with Aqua Wax as a QD, at the wash stage

·
Registered
176 Posts
Completely agree with Chris, it's more of a fillers product which will just wash away pretty quickly, i'd seal with a wax afterwards like Col or Autoglym HD if the budget can stretch that far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's my DS4 after its winter prep.3 coats of autofinnesemint rims on the wheels and 2 coats of Bouncers fortify on the paintwork.
Hopefully it will protect over the winter months.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Looks great
It will only last if it was applied to a well prepared surfaceI trust it was
I always use a QD between washes too.
This helps to keep the Sealant/Wax/Hybrid from degrading early

·
Registered
47 Posts
Washed then Clayed then polished with meguires ultimate polish.Washed & dried with metrovac and waxed.
Use Bouncers Done and Dusted after washes.

Anyone needs info on keeping their DS4 spotlessits worth looking at the DW (detailing world) forum

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

Edited by: DEE ES 4

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Nice oneRe: DW
I usually try to avoid there...Full of Anal Types who go too far...Not my cuppa
Read this instead:
THE DETAILERS BIBLE

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep have made a few purchases from Rich at Polished Bliss.
loads of info on his site too.
Definately recommend them for buying your cleaning gear.
free postage too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts