Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found some bubbles in the chrome on the stem of my driver's door mirror and the car isn't a year old yet. Booked it in for examination and I would imagine it's a warranty job, but not very impressed.
Also, the dark chrome on the lower front grille is peeling in one place: also, hopefully a warranty job.
watch this apace.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is the same. Little pin pricks of bubbles on the stem. Wife's Ds3 has the same issue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've taken it in to the garage and they agree that the mirror stem cover should be replaced and have ordered one. I am going to monitor the chrome.
In the meantime it looks as though some little [email protected]#*** has tried to lever off my bonnet badge, There are a couple of chips in the paint at the edge which, hopefully, will touch in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Similar problem with most of my chrome work. Chrome strip at the bottom of the rear bumper has started flaking off and bubbling, chrome on the front bumper has started discolouring. But as I am only leasing my DS4 I aren't bothering getting it sorted!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just come back from the garage where they were fitting a complete replacement door mirror. After about an hour they told me that they had got the wrong mirror, although it is the correct one as shown on the system. Don't you just love computer systems! It looks to me as though the chromed cover will pull off, but they say it has to be a full mirror.

If other owners are having similar problems, its important that you report it so that there is some evidence to show that it's a problem with the manufacture, not the owner!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nethers,Thanks for this.
Just noticed my drivers wing mirror has bubbles in chrome.
It looks like it is chrome film stuck on the plastic wingmirrors, so this maybe the issue.
I will certainly be reporting it to my Citroen garage, who love me already with my electric problems!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update: had a new door mirror stem cover fitted today on warranty. Hope it last longer this time!
Makes you wonder about the expertise of agents though, after they told me it needed a full mirror assembly and I said it looked like a clip on piece. It was a clip-on piece, which just took a few minutes. If it hadn't have been a warranty job, I could have been unnecessarily charged a lot of money

·
Registered
395 Posts
cheers, I am awaiting them approving and fitting a new sat-nav system , so will get this done at same time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Still waiting, photos taken but garage like Citroen works in slow-time.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Iv ejust noticed small bubbles on rear chrome. Whats the warranty periodon this, is it the ame as the paint?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not sure RevG,Manual says 6 year perforation warantee (is that rust or bubbling chrome??).
Hopefully I will get somewhere, but not impressed with dealer or Citroen response so far.

And more to point a bit worrying that one of their prestige models can get chrome faults within 15 months on numerous cars (if this forum is to believed), does'nt bode well for Citroens shoddy reputation.

·
Registered
578 Posts
rich.cath said:
Not sure RevG,
Manual says 6 year perforation warantee (is that rust or bubbling chrome??).

Hopefully I will get somewhere, but not impressed with dealer or Citroen response so far.

And more to point a bit worrying that one of their prestige models can get chrome faults within 15 months on numerous cars (if this forum is to believed), does'nt bode well for Citroens shoddy reputation.

Mines in for a service in June so will draw their attention to it and see what they say.
I agree it doesnt look good for Citroen who have claimed build and reliability improvements!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well done Rev, groupie status is cool
Am still awaiting reply from dealer who took photos, have even resorted to e-mailing Autoexpress helpdesk to see if they can assist!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
OK Rich let me know what they say. I just have small bubbles at the back, thankfully no rust!!
Have you managed to get those electrcal problems sorted? and what happened to your sat nav? My sat nav works well but on a minor matter its no use when the sun shines on it!!! Needs to have some tunnel around it apart from my wifes hand

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rev, Keep an eye on that rust as it is likely to come - seems to be a mass fault.No luck on sat nav yet, will have to go to war with them I think.
Same problem in sunlight almost unreadable, have to rely on the orange version on speedo.
below are some images of rusty chrome. Bear in mind the car is only 16 months old and has been garaged whilst I owned it from 10 months old.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Salt and sand mixture is frequently spread over roads before or after a snow or ice storm. Salt lowers water's freezing point, causing any ice already formed to melt even though the air temperature remains well below freezing. The sand helps keep the salt in place, plus it adds a bit of traction to wet roads.Road salting has drawbacks. It can cause major body and undercarriage damage to your vehicles unless you take extra care and precaution.My advise is to wash off your vehicles right after travelling on such roads.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rich thats not looking good! I will def keep an eye on mine as at the moment they are several small bubbles the size of pins.

Man Im thinking whether to get rid of it for a Guilietta!! or even a Civic?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts