DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody 馃榿

I have just taken the plunge and purchased a 2016 Prestige 1.6 120 with 75000 miles on the clock, but with a comprehensive service history.

Would be interested to hear from keepers with similar chargers, as to what I am letting myself in for, and what to keep an eye open for.

Not exactly a stranger to French car ownership, with a brace of assorted Peugeots behind me, although the DS4 was selected purely on the spec and the expected mpg, with all four previous midlife crisis purchases now firmly out of mind.

Best regards
Mark

Registered
I bought a petrol 1.2 2016 Prestige last August with a few less miles than yours but I've added another 10,000 to mine since I've bought it. It's now got 36,000 miles with no problems so far.
Glad I got the Prestige, lovely interior, very comfortable.

I was worried about the fuel economy in a petrol but I regularly get 50mpg on long journeys and my long term mpg is 47mpg. Yours is probably a bit better than that.

Got any pictures of yours?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, that 1.2 is a nice engine, but it needs the turbo to make it shine. The 208 I traded in for the DS4 was the non-turbo version, and it had that unpredictable judder in take off sometimes. Glad you're enjoying the 1.2!

Haven't picked up the new bus yet.....doing it next Saturday, so only have dealership pics of it. Nice colour though....Whisper Purple. Never imagined I'd end up with a purple car, but life's full of surprises 馃槅.

Looking forward to sharing all the gory details next weekend, and keeping the buyer's remorse at arms length....

I do like having a mess about with cars, so am already looking for some nicer wheels and a set of the chrome door /side mouldings that you see on a few Prestige models, but they are hard to find at the moment.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, its goodbye DS4 - hello again 208. Collected the car on Saturday and drove 42 miles home to discover a substantial oil leak from somewhere around the front of the engine, and promptly returned the car and rejected it. Keeping my eyes open for a white or pearlescent white Prestige model with chrome door side-mouldings now, as my ideal model, and maybe I'll be back one day.

Laters!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
A place in Blackburn called Greenlight Motors. It hadn't been prepared for sale to a new customer in any way other than being hoovered out and having a bit of water thrown on it. The windscreen washer bottle was empty, for instance. It just looked a bit tired and unloved, with the leak being the clincher. To be fair to the lads at Greenlight, they couldn't have been any more helpful...they did their best to put things right, but I decided that the car wasn't for me. It's been sorted now and is back on sale, apparently. Lovely car to drive, but have decided not to compromise and go for the right colour combo with lower miles and a better ownership history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts