Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with the 3 year finance nearly up I've decided to move on from my DS4 Crossback and trade it in for a new 225bhp petrol DS7. The folks at Wilmoths Maidstone have put together a great deal for me and I'm picking up my new car on Friday, all being well. The DS7 is fully loaded and has all the toys I need, and lots more I probably don't but will enjoy playing with!

I'll be very sorry to see the DS4 go as it's been trouble free and I've loved driving it (just like the one I had before), but I thought it was time for a change. I'll still be looking in on the Forum from time to time, just to see what I'm missing... meanwhile I've uploaded a photo of the new car (taken by the dealer as it came off the transporter) so it's not as clean and shiny as it could be.

Attachments

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, 48.7 mpg... I suspect that figure will be somewhat optimistic, especially the way I drive! According to the DS app I've averaged around 49 mpg over 23,000 miles in my 180 hp diesel DS4, so it will be interesting to see what I get from the DS7. I'll make sure to update this thread in a month or so to let you know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A lovely car the DS7. I had a good look around one when my DS4 went into Wilmoths(Maidstone) for its service. They are a really good dealer, I've been using them since they got the Citroen/DS franchise.

It's nice to know what mileage you are getting on your Crossback as I am getting about the same on mine without any really long journeys.

Don't forget to put some pictures up. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Keith.

I didn't realise you were using Wilmoths in Maidstone too... Rob Valentine there has always been a real pleasure to deal with and so far I've bought two DS4's, the DS7, and my daughter's C1 from him. We've always been able to agree on a price feeling like we've both got a good deal!!

The handover is confirmed for tomorrow, so I'll put some pictures up over the weekend, that is if it stops raining long enough for me to take some decent ones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A nice car the DS7 but I'll think I'll wait 3 or so years until the serious depreciation has hit it and it has become more realistically affordable. I don't think residuals will be kind to the DS7.

·
Super Moderator
970 Posts
That's the problem with entering the next price range up and viewed as a less prestige car

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here it is... I'm really pleased with the colour, very much like my first DS4.

It's a little bit of a jump into the unknown as far as residual values are concerned, and only time will tell.

Attachments

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here it is... I'm really pleased with the colour, very much like my first DS4.

It's a little bit of a jump into the unknown as far as residual values are concerned, and only time will tell.
Like it...….:smile:

Reactions: TheBadgerJC

·
Super Moderator
970 Posts
Nice colour. I've been hit bad a bad choice and residual value before. Just plan to keep it forever and no worries on that front.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's been a mad week or so and I've found myself doing nearly 750 miles in the car! I've got 40 mpg so far from a mix of mostly A roads and motorway driving. I've also used the "Eco" setting for some of the longer motorway journeys which manages the air con and engine settings to save fuel. I haven't used that setting for "normal" driving as the car feels very flat with it on. Anyway, not too unhappy with 40 mpg and hopefully I'll see that increase slightly over time as the engine relaxes a little...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just back browsing through the forum and thought I'd update this post on my DS7...

I didn't know that in January 2019 with just 2,000 miles on the clock I'd have an accident that would nearly write the car off - almost £20,000 of damage - caused by another car driving into and along the driver's side of the car having failed to make it round a tight bend!! The other car (a Corsa) had to be towed away in bits but fortunately the DS7 was battered and bruised but not defeated as shown in the picture. All the panels and doors on that side of the car and front and rear bumpers were replaced, but the chassis was OK and the Wilmoths body shop did a great job putting it all back together. It was impossible to tell what had happened previously once they'd finished with it.

I had the rear suspension arms replaced under warranty last November - a known issue with the car, apparently - but otherwise I've had no problems with it. I've done 22,000 miles and I get around 40 mpg from its turbo-charged petrol engine which I'm quite happy with.

I've just seen the new DS4 launch video and I'd be lying if I said my head wasn't turned by it... I might have to give Wilmoths a call!! :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this forum is old but what was the fault with the rear suspension arm that made you go to the dealer? I’ve been hearing squeaky noises from the same place whilst driving is that the same issue from the suspension arms?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have to say this for the DS, they're tough cookies. A car swerved into my car parked outside my house last week, it was a Mazda 6. I'm hoping it'll be two new doors, mirror and alloy re dressing (or whatever they do) but the other car went on to smash into my neighbours Fiesta, which is a write off. As was the Mazda.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts