Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thought I would pop in to say goodbye to you all...
after having my ds4 for 16 months I have decided to move on.
the car has been a great car with no issues to shout about but seeing as it was over 2 years old now I figured soon it will loose a big chunk of money so my choice was keep it or sell it, I decided sell it.

I hope who ever gets it after me gives it lots of love as I did

I gave her a full clean before I took it to the garage then questioned weather I had done the right thing lol as she looked mint.
oh well moving on.....

this has been a great forum with some great people on it

I wish you all well for the future

Dug

·
Registered
544 Posts
Good luck!

I can't see the logic in selling your car now in fear you'll loose more cash (the depreciation curve flattens with each day that passes, you always loose more at the beginning than later...always) but logic doesn't always come into it with cars

What are you buying instead?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Generally the longer you keep a car the less average (per year) depreciation as said, but if thinking of a change, does make sense to sell within the warranty period rather then shortly outside it
Part-exchanged mine at just 1 year old (and 8 months of ownership and took a massive hit on paid price, but cost to change to the DS5 was pretty well the same as if I bought the DS5 in the first place (which is what I should have!) which is the way I look at it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the comments
I had a great saving when I bought it and got a great trade in value
but as saidit does make sense to sell within the warranty period rather then shortly outside it.

I have bought a Subaru XV, which at this moment suits my needs..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts