Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent 5 hours washing - - -cleaning - - - polishing with AutoGlym high resin polish - - - then a final coat of Meguiars carnuba wax. Looks like a mirror!

Question now is what should I use when I wash the car? any ideas? as I dont want to ruin the wax etc

·
Registered
395 Posts
2 things Rev:-1. You should use AutoGlym Body conditioning shampoo, compliments the polish and Autoexpress rated it as best.
2. You have too much spare time on your hands! 5 hrs, I'm lucky if I have an hour spare to wash car!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
3 things Rev:-

1. Any descent car shampoo will not strip the wax I like Megs Gold Class
2. Use a detailing spray after you wash to enhance the shine
3. 5hrs,just a quick going over then

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both

Tell you what this car cleaning sure keeps you fit!

Saturday a day off so it gets me out of the house before Im given boring jobs likecutting thegrass

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev
You could always try Auto Brite on Fenton ind est they would fix you up with stuff and advice , their Project 32 detailing sprayis tip top stuff . I spend 2 or 3 hours every week cleaning my cars ,it gets me out of the house and gives the neighborssomething to talk about .

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam this is fantastic stuff
does not strip anything from your car except muck
so all your hard work does not go to waste

dry car off with a big microfiber drying towel

then I use SONAX Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer to keep it looking mint and shiny ( best product 2013 in my view )

about 30 - 40 minu job done

·
Registered
551 Posts
I use alot of Autobrite stuff,easy to use and does a great jobMagifoam snow foam

Project 32

1 - 7 of 7 Posts