Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm intending to buy a 2011 or 2012 DS4 and Iooking online, I've just seen an ad for a car that has this green light bulb illuminated on start-up. I've had a look at the online handbook but I'm not 100% sure what this green light bulb means! Does it just mean that the headlamps are on or is there a blown bulb or some fault with the lighting system?

Many thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
It means that the DRL's are active

·
Registered
544 Posts
It means the side lights are on rather than the DRL's, but yes it is perfectly normal.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Ours lights up when the car lights are in Auto....so assumed it meant the DRL's which can be turnrd off of course

·
Registered
470 Posts
It means the DRLs are on and you can turn them off, the side hockey stikcs are always on when engine is working even when you deactivate the DRLs.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Our current DS4 is different from the last one, in the old one if the lights were on 'auto' the hockey-stick side lights were always on (and the indication shown in the OP was illuminated irrespective of whether the DRL's were activated or not). I turned the DRL's off in there computer but that bulb was always on in 'auto' as were the hockey sticks.

In our current DS4 you cannot turn off the DRL's - they are permanently on. With the lights in 'auto' the side lights no longer come on automatically and the bulb shown in the OP is not illuminated. At present, I have the DRL's on all the one and I have rarely seen the bulb indicator (only when the weather draws in).

It is defiantly not relating to the DRL, it's the side lights.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I was, of course, referring to my 2014 DS...which we still have due the accident on the way to the Dealer to pick up the new one
Yes. The green light is always on as the hockey sticks are in theory, side lights
Sorry to be confused
We are looking forward to full LED lights thats for certain
W/B 10th Oct

·
Registered
544 Posts
You will enjoy them I'm sure! The DRL's on the facelifted car are LED's that look very smart.

I am slightly annoyed that our new DS4 (old shape but but updated tech) doesn't have the option to turn the DRL's off at all, and on 'auto' the boomerang side lights no longer come on all the time - if I want the boomerangs on the illumination dims to a level that is unsafe in normal day conditions (and of course we have no rear lights on either, I'd prefer it if they were...)

A few people have commented on this issue before and I didn't understand what the problem was until changing our car!Edited by: Frank Bullitt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts