Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dipping into and out of Forum discussions about space space saver wheels/tyres for my DS 4 Sport since I picked it up in August. I don't like the fact I've only got a repair kit in the boot but wanted to find a cheaper option to avoid buying a new 19"Cairns Alloy. The space saver discussions / forums looked boggling with reports of fitting a space saver messing up the tyre pressure monitoring system etc etc ....so I stalled on that one.
Following the successful kerbing of one of my pristine alloys at the weekend (aaaaghhhh!!) I am now considering treating myself to a new one for Xmas and using the kerbed one as a spare.
Does anyone else own a DS4 and done the extravagant 19" Cairns spare option or am I getting a bit OCD about my car??

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've done it. The details are in the thread TheBadgerJC linked, but I'll give you a quick and dirty version.

A 19" spare fits in the wheel well, but it's slightly too tall. I bought £10 worth of foam rubber from Halfords and raised the boot floor to match the wheel.

Feel free to pick my brains, if you think you can find anything useful in my skull.

Edited by: Sarky Git

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi, perhaps i am wrong a full size spair fits my DS4 cause I don't have a electronic handbrake...but those that do isn't the electronics in the wheel well preventing the storage of a full size spare ? No you are not ocd..you will have to buy one or you will keep looking at it and it will drive you mad.
Regards Guyon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for your helpful advice. Much appreciated. One further question if I may. The new Cairn will get a new tyre and the kerbed Cairn will go in the boot as the spare ......I have TPMS on the car.... are the pressure monitoring valves required for the new Cairn/Tyre easily available. Must admit, I haven't called Citroen as yet to ask the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.