Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am currently looking at buying a DS4 HDi 135 6-speed manual DStyle and wonder if anyone out there can give me any pointers on what the engine is like as I can't find any reviews online.

I have read that the e-HDi 115 6-speed manual DStyle can be a bit slow, although it good on mileage. I am wondering if the HDi 135 has a bit more kick to it, along with a decent MPG?

I am thinking of going for a black DS4 DStyle with the added built in sat nav.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've just come from a C4 1.6HDi 90bhp VTR+ to a DS4 DStylee-HDi 115 6-speed manual

Only had it since Saturday and so far really like it.

Very happy with how it handles and it seems pretty responsive to me.
MPG is quiet important to me, hence why I chose this engine, but it seems perfectly capable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nik_S
I have the 2.0 160 HDI Dstyle purchased last August & its bloody quick are you sure its the 135 & not the 160 as mine was advertised as a 135. On the car front its a cracking car with on issues (so far !!)Mpg around town getting 40ish on a run 50-55. Just watch the alloys very easily damaged !!, one of mine is in for repair this week luckly i took tyre & alloy insurance out !! Oh mine has full leather but no Sat Nav. Good luck, hope all goes well
Paul
Edited by: Balders

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your replies. I am buying the car brand new, so it's upto me what engine. The offer I have been given lists it as the 135. There's very little difference in overall price between the two engines, so it does come down to balancing MPG against a little bit more power.

I do a lot of motorway miles travelling to work, but also like to have a bit of fun down country lanes when possible. I have been driving a Golf 1.6 TDI in work, and like the power from that, so looking to find the engine which would be similar to that in terms of performance.

Looks like I am going to have to test drive both engines if possible to see which one. I am decided on everything, just stuck on engine choice! :)

Thanks again, and feel free to share any other recommendations for when I purchase it. The alloy wheel insurance is a good shout! :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wish I had the Alloy wheel insurance kerbed one front wheel and would have got it sorted

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nik_S I've a DStyle 2.0hdi diesel160 bhp - - - - excellent engine and good mpg. Id go for that one. I've got satnav but no leather. Its a great car to drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much for all your replies. I love the car, think its fantastic looking and great inside. Hopefully I will be ordering it this weekend. Think I'm going to go for the 2.0 litre engine. I had decided I was going to get it in black, until I saw the new deep purple colour on a DS4 in the showroom. Even though it's purple, I actually quite like it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts