Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After been used to xenon headlights on my last car and my ds4 not having them, I find the lighting very poor even with nightbreaker upgraded bulbs in.

so am constantly on the look out for better options
has anyone else seen these ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-H7-50...0Lm-BRIGHTEST-LED-ON-THE-MARKET-/370829814569

I wonder how they compare to normal halogen bulbs or even xenon bulbs

I see newer car now coming out with led headlight fitted ( new seat etc )

not cheap but I wonder how good they are ??

·
Registered
227 Posts
So these are for dipped beams? (Main beam are H1 type I think?).
I just fitted the 26LEDs to replace the 21W DRLs from the same compqny and they look much brighter (not got dark since I fitted them, so can't be sure) but on that basis, promising for the headlights!

If you buy them, please post feedback as I was about to buy the Nightbrakers, but will hold off now

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are for dipped beam
I am waiting for more info but not heard back yet

nightbreakers are a good upgrade over normal halogen bulbs but mine have now been in 8 months and you can deffo tell there not as bright as day one and deffo look more yellow

I was thinking of hid upgrade kit but the laws are changing and don't think you can add them to normal lights anymore and if you do I think you need to fit self levelling kit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Would be very interested in wha you think if you go ahead. I have bit the bullet and bought a set of the Night-breaker PLUS bulbs (the PLUS bit is meant to mean extended life) for both main beam and dipped lights (in my neck of the woods, no street lights anywhere and more pheasants then cars, so good lighting a must)
Good price from Amazon ... £21 for the two sets

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ive just fitted Ring Sportz Blue in both main and dipped headlights, they are 80 watt, but had them in many cars and they are brilliant.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't you need to be pretty careful if you exceed the wattage by what is a fairly significant amount? The extra heat produced by those updated bulbs could affect the headlamp plastics!
I know after even a relatively short time of headlamps on, the typical headlamp face gets way too hot to touch, and that is with standard 55w lamps fitted, so. 80w could be pushing it? Some headlight fittings could be fine, but for others, could be pushed over the edge? I wonder if 80w or 100w fittings are legal or standard in other markets where the DS4 is sold? If so, it would suggest the housing would be fine.
I would be a little nervous personally if I was using the headlights continuously (I used to drive 5-6 hours non-stop (with occasional 'comfort-stops') with headlights on, and with upgraded bulbs, but still standard wattage, I could feel - and smell - the heat from the lights (smell probably from the toasted bugs on the lens
)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes Hoovie I know what your saying. I have had these bulbs in my last 4 cars and not had any problems, also i do very little driving in the night time as well. I have had an auto electrician check out the wiring and he says its more than adequate, but i do understand your concerns

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good stuff

Lights and bulb safety is in my mind after suffering what could have been a major under-engine catastrophy a few years ago after a simple bulb upgrade ended up melted the wiring from fitting to battery due not to the bulb, but pinching a wire when refitting the lens (and bulb was still only 55w, problem due to user error
)Edited by: Hoovie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts