Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Headlight convertors

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Gwyn 
#1 ·
Hi all, collecting New DS 4 in March, and will require headlight convertors for France. On my present C5 the glass has four marks on them that indicate where the convertors fit, DS 4 only has two marks on. Also convertors (black stick on ones) came with the C5 which I used as a template. Does anyone know whether the DS 4 comes with any, or where they stick on in relation to the two marks on the glass.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Hi Gwyn, to be honest I've been to France numerous times in my DS4 and although I carry a set of headlight convertors, I have never had to use them. I also go across in a Citroen Grande Picasso and just dial the headlight level down to 3. Never been stopped day or night by French Gendarmes, they tend to leave French cars alone.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I live over there five months a year and on my present C5 I have to use conveters or continuosly get flashed by oncoming vehicles. the C5 has no adjusters fitted. I have down loaded the handbook for the new DS4 and have noticed that there is adjustment like you suggest to adjust for the cars load. It also says that a Citroen Dealer can adjust the beam.

On the C5 the headlights have four marks on which is where I stick my homemade adaptors, but DS4 only has two. The C5 also came with two convertors that I used as templates, perhaps the DS4 may do. I will speak to the dealers, I would hope that they would not charge for adjusting them and then adjusting them again when I get back. Well not if they want me to buy another one of them in the future and this will be the second Citroen I have bought off them.

If I was not over there for such a long period I may have risked it. I will post back when I know what is happening but not getting the car till 1st March

#4 ·
We use the Hell-Frauds plastic stickers and they work a treat - from memory the converter should be centred at the top on the upper 'cross hair' but to be honest it's described in the Hell-Frauds brochure

#6 ·
I always use headlight converters on my Citroens...any make of converters you buy come with instructions for almost every car on the road as to where to stick them on the lights..it is simple you can't go wrong.
As a matter of interest should you be involved in an accident especially at night and your headlights are not converted the Insurance company could deem your vehicle un roadworthy...not worth the risk for less than ten pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.