Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Al & am new to the forum. Ordered my DS4 a month ago and it should (dealer permitting) be ready to collect tomorrow! Currently driving 59 plate C5 which has been a great car but fancy something slightly more 'exciting' now..fingers crossed it arrives on time..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Having moved from a 2010 C5 which I agree was an excellent car, I think you will find the DS4 more interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally..after a bit of a faff at the dealers managed to get the car just before closing time.
Just need a week now to get my head around the manual!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi Aldo and welcomeWhat spec have you gone for?
I've had mine about 3 weeks and I'm still learning,I've never had a car with this much tech
I'm sure you will be pleased with it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chud. I'm in a bit of an economy drive at the minute but still wanted something with all the bells and whistles (as per the C5) and cheap to run. The DStyle 1.6 Hdi In black (std spec) seems on paper to tick all the boxes. Was averaging about 37mpg in the C5 so will be interesting to see how the DS compares. Looking forward to testing it out though. What spec's yours?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've gone to the other extremeMines a Dsport THP200 ex demo so fully loaded
Fuel economy is not really a big issue for me because I don't do that many miles,I can still get the computer showing 40+ on a steady run, though I don't know howaccurateit is!I can also get it below 20 without trying to hard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what my heart wanted but head won the argument. To prove the point I've just been on my first run out (160 miles) and averaged 54mpg, and that involved 'some fun' on country roads. Pleasantly surprised how much torque's available when you find the sweet spot. Bet the petrol's more responsive though

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's pretty good MPG. I also bought the 1.6Hdi Style and am getting nowhere near that MPG, even driving it easy .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've read about this on the forum but haven't noticed it yet. Had a moment when I forgot about the efect low profiles have when accelerating on white lines but no torque steer.
Will keep a look out for it though when I don't have the kids with me

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi HutchMine pulled slightly to the left on the test drive,which I pointed out to the salesman,he said he would have thealignment adjusted on their "new jig" that he showed me when we got back to the garage and it was a very impressive bit of kit,anyway it cured the problem and the car tracks perfectly now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I have, is the tracking off?< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Al, welcome to the forum.

The C5 is more comfort biased but the DS4 is more of an 'attack' car...
Having moved from a Xantia, then a C4 (mark 1) and then DS4, i prefer the DS4.

Have a blast!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Jafaar and thanks.

C5 is definitely a car to 'relax' in and seemed to drive itself on the motorway runs.

In the short time i've had the DS4 i feel more connected to the car which is no doubt down to the bucket seats (C5 are like sofas in comparison).

can't wait to get on some quiet country roads at the weekend to have that blast!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts