DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello from me <?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

</v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas>

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shape>

</v:></v:shape>

My name is Dug and i am from north Yorkshire

I have a pearl white DS4 dstyle hdi 1600 with 6 speed manual box.

Picked car up Xmas eve and so far so good I am loving it

</v:></v:shape>

Very nice to drive and I was impressed with how well car pull for a 1600

Only gripes so far

1. Fuel economy

Book claims 47 urban 70 e-urban and combined 60

After 2 weeks mine is averaging 39.7 and that's me been real steady
driving following gear change indicator

Is this correct?? Or do you guys think there could be a problem?

I used to get average 38 out of my 13 year old bmw diesel estate car

2. Gear box

Seem very clunky through the gears

Apart from that I am impressed so far with car

Well catch you all soon

Dug

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome Dug
You picked the right colour

Can't comment on fuel economy as mine is a petrol Dsport
I agree the gear box isn't the smoothest but I'm used to it now
Enjoy!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Dug welcomeI've got a black Dstyle 2.0 160 hdi manual. I agree with you about the gearbox but like chud786 I'm used to it now. I get about 47 mpgcombined but ifI drive it in traffic that really drops,my car has only done 8000 milesand diesels take a lot longer to loosen up so mpg should improve as the miles rack up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi
I've got a Pearlescent white Dstyle 1.6 diesel as well. It's now done nearly 8000 miles. I've left one of the mpg readouts since I bought the car and it shows an average of about 48. Around town at the moment it's doing about 44, but a lot of my journeys are quite short eg 3 miles to work. On holiday to Cornwall it did about 54 on the motorway and averaged about 48.
The gearchange can be a bit stiff, although I've either got used ti it or it's loosened up.
It's a great car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the comments
mine has done 6700 miles and is showing average 39mpg
most of my driving at the moment is like yours about 4 mile trips
hope this will improve in summer

was hopping for better but loving the car all the same

maybe the box will loosen over time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, Hello All!
Had my fluid grey (metallic light green!) DS4 2.0 HDi Style almost a week, nearly new at almost 8000 miles. Shifts really well.
Looks like we all may have been duped by the Citroen mpg claims. Room for improvement, getting about 44mpg after a week!
What about the fiddly Sat Nav location entry? Come on Citroen, let's have postcode entry!
Oh yes, really looking forward to getting my head around the wheel puncture kit....not! Can we put a "real" spare wheel in the boot compartment , I wonder.
One other thing, would have loved a DAB radio included...can't have every thing! However, to compensate, just got "Planet Rock Radio" on the Bluetooth music streaming from my Samsung Galaxy S. Will suffice until the Pure Dab personal radio hooked up. Anybody any views on upgrading to DAB...is it possible?
So, just loving the drive at these early stages, after having a Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi for years!

Drive on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts