Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just signed up to to Forums after picking my DS4 2.0 HDI DSport........
I would post a pic but the car is back at the dealers after a high 52 miles on the clock with a reverse gear failure :-(.

Over the past 6 years I have had a few cars lol
<ul>[*]Renault Sport Megane R26,[*]Seat Lean FR,[*]Seat LeonCupra K1[*]DS3 HDI DSport[*]DS3 Racing[/list]

However after 12 months of ownership, and 2 weeks ago we had a baby girl and realised the DS3 R was too small and needed rear doors, so back to the local dealer and got the DS4 DSport which is a lovely car, but not so good when you have to push it back out from a Tesco Child Parking Space.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Impressive collection of cars, welcome to the club

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all i have had to change due to new baby girl, but I will say the quality of the DS4 is the best so far and with a planned remap, will be even better :)

Hope the gearbox gets sorted soon, as I have the DS3 Racing back as a courtesy car lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome Heff, congratulations on your new baby daughter. Not so good about the car though, x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, just been told it will be another week, as the gearbox has to be stripped out, not happy i have stated an intention to the dealer to reject the car, as such major works shouldnt happen on a new car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gearbox failure on a fortnight old car with 52 miles on the clock? I would be inclined to reject as well!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks I have raised a case with Citroen and formally via email to the dealer principle rejection of the car for an exchange of a Brand New one.

Its only 1 week old too today, well only had for 3 days and that due to the weekend and bank holiday, if it was midweek would have gone back the next day :-(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Heff27 said:
Thanks I have raised a case with Citroen and formally via email to the dealer principle rejection of the car for an exchange of a Brand New one.

Its only 1 week old too today, well only had for 3 days and that due to the weekend and bank holiday, if it was midweek would have gone back the next day :-(
Hopefully this will all be dealt with amicably, but just in case, it is always useful to have a few snippets of consumer law to hand to spout out so the dealer knows they are talking to someone who will not be fobbed off.

This may be of use?
"The consumer returns the goods in the first six months from the date of sale and requests a repair or replacement or a partial refund. In that case, the consumer does not have to prove the goods were faulty at the time of sale. It is assumed that they were. If the retailer does not agree, it is for the retailer to prove that the goods were satisfactory at the time of sale. This comes from Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, derived from EU Directive 1999/44/EU which became Clauses 48A to 48F inclusive of the Sale of Goods act in April 2003"

Oh, and I would make the point the car was effectively returned immediately in fact, as it was the next WORKING day.

My own DS4 was a dealer demo and although only 5 months old,already had 10,000 miles on the clock when I purchased, but I actually took that as a positive thing as I reckoned it demonstrated the car must have been reliable! Something to be said about buying a vehicle off the forecourt rather then out the factory

Maybe they will have something in stock to swap out for you? (obviously returning the difference in price to you)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've got the2.0 HDI and I took mine back a few times for the clunky gearbox its murder to get second gear when its cold . The dealer gave me the"they all do that " comment . Its not got any worseor have I just got used to it . I reported it to Citroen and I've got a case number. I wonder if its just a weak gearbox ,imagine that its going to be a problem when they start to hit the second hand market .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Hoovie

I have spoken to both the Service Representative and New Car Sales manager and both agree the car should be rejected, however its the Dealer Principle decision, so the New Car Sales Manager is going to discuss this with him on Monday.

I used the Sales of Good Act in the formal sent to them stating the Car was not fit for purpose and the fault must have been at manufacturing as its only had 52 miles on the clock when it was returned.

I have requested and identical car for it to be replaced.

The saga continues, I have now got a rent a car from Enterprise and its paid for from Citroen till the 10th September its a long old time to be hired, makes you wounder ......

·
Registered
44 Posts
SBK61 said:
I've got the 2.0 HDI and I took mine back a few times for the clunky gearbox its murder to get second gear when its cold . The dealer gave me the "they all do that " comment . Its not got any worse or have I just got used to it . I reported it to Citroen and I've got a case number . I wonder if its just a weak gearbox ,imagine that its going to be a problem when they start to hit the second hand market .  
Doesn't sound good, I have the same car and find the gearbox really smooth including 2nd gear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Heff27 said:
Thanks Hoovie 

I have spoken to both the Service Representative and New Car Sales manager and both agree the car should be rejected, however its the Dealer Principle decision, so the New Car Sales Manager is going to discuss this with him on Monday.

I used the Sales of Good Act in the formal sent to them stating the Car was not fit for purpose and the fault must have been at manufacturing as its only had 52 miles on the clock when it was returned.

I have requested and identical car for it to be replaced.

The saga continues, I have now got a rent a car from Enterprise and its paid for from Citroen till the 10th September its a long old time to be hired, makes you wounder ......  
Hope you get a replacement. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi All

The DS4 is Back, the useless garage apparently missed a cable in the linkage that was not connected properly, and could have been easily fixed when it when in last week.

I am going to send a strong mail to Citroen asking for some sort of compensation for the hassle and stuff.

But its home :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Heff27 said:
Hi All

The DS4 is Back, the useless garage apparently missed a cable in the linkage that was not connected properly, and could have been easily fixed when it when in last week.

I am going to send a strong mail to Citroen asking for some sort of compensation for the hassle and stuff.

But its home :)
Good news, but without being a doom-monger, just let them know you are still of a mind to reject if ANYTHING goes wrong with it for the next x miles/ n months, just to reserve your rights :).

I would be inclined to push them for a free extended warranty. They cost a few hundred pounds usually, but if they say the car is sorted and 100%, you can point out that in that case the extended warranty will not cost THEM anything, so everyone wins
Edited by: Hoovie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts