Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name's Alastair and I'm off to look at an ex-demo 1.6 diesel auto DS4 sometime soon so am here to check out any issues, things to look out for, what's good, what's bad and generally find out all about the cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, not sure about the auto but I have a 1.6 HDI 110HP and although its a fantastic looking and driving car I find it a bit underpowered, I have only had one problem with mine and that was a fuse box went wrong but the dealer fixed it under warranty! Also the MPG figures in the book are nowhere near what the car actually returns. The DS4 is very well equipped, comfortable and nice to drive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome Alastair
Can't really comment on that model.
You've come to the right place to find out though

I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you feedback

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi Torque you may be better off with the 2.0hdi - - - torque, speed, acceleration, great ride, well equipped and a good looking car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love the 1.6, it is a little under powered but I dont find it that much of a bug bear compared to other diesels I've driven at the same engine size its actually quite quick off the mark.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Iv driven both the 1.6 HDI and 2.0 HDI torque. We settled on buying the 2.0 HDI because the power was so much more than the 1.6 HDI. If you remap the 1.6 HDI, wouldn't that void the warranty? Xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI there. cannot comment on citroen diesel, but i have traded in my peugeot 1,6 diesel for my DS4 200. If the citroen engine is anything like the peugeot one then you will not be disappointed. Have only read good things about the PSA diesel engines

·
Registered
578 Posts
Torque if you check through the threads here youll find a couple upgrading from the 1.6 hdi to 2.0 hdi. 1.6 people say lacks power if you want that. Fuel economy? not that different

·
Registered
472 Posts
Say to h**l with economy and go for the THP200 plenty power and torque on that one, still get the thick end of 40mpg on run and over the last 9000 miles is showing at 37.8 on the trip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts