DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm pleased to be joining the forum. A short introduction-I'm Iain and I drive a DS4 2.0 HDI 160 DSport as a company car(I'm the service manager at Citroen Letchworth) and I love it! Since joining the company I've been very impressed with the product range, in particular the DS4 is a great drive and great looker.
I'm not here to sell anything on behalf of my company, more as an enthusiast, but if I can use my experience to help, so much the better!

My other cars are Longbridge products-I've got a MG ZS180, MGF Trophy 160 and a Rover 218is which I'm currently in the process of doing a VVC conversion on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Iain,Welcome to the forum.
Ive posted this issue elsewhere but i think its better to get the opinion of an expert since you are with Citroen . I have heard from DS3ownersabout the THP engine being direct injection and the way the PCV (positive crankcase
ventilation) is laid out, a lot of oil haze gets sucked into the combustion
chamber, past the valves and is burnt. As a resulthis oil haze can cause numerous
faults to standard engines.

My question is whether the current DS4 models have the same set up and thus face the same potential problems or has thethe rear PCV system has been deleted in theDS4 models?. Mine is the THP155 with EGS gearbox.

Thanks

Jaafar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jaafar-unfortunately I don't know whether it's been deleted on DS4 models, I would imagine the setup on the EP engine in the DS4 would be the same as DS3 models. I can ask the question at work on Wednesday and see if anyone knows.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi IainYesappreciateif you could advise me on whether its necessary to do the PCV delete on the DS4 thp 155 motor.

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts