Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, please help me.

I've recently purchased a used Citroen DS4, late 2012 5 door model and tried to get my local Citroen dealer to fit some side rubbing strips for me as i park in a multi story car park for work.

Much to my surprise they said they don't make any for my make/model and i'd be best to buy some generic ones off ebay or somewhere similar. So why have i read so many forum threads on here saying how expensive they are but how good they look to then be told they aren't available on my DS4?

Can anyone please help me purchase some from somewhere???

Thanks in advance, Scott

·
Registered
176 Posts
These are the standard factory fitted ones on the DSport model,

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
They must be availableWhat would happen if you had them and they were damaged in an accident?
Please let us know how you get on

·
Registered
176 Posts
You may have to get the reg number from a DSport on eBay with them on and ask for that part at the dealership, garages are often funny about selling things to you if not for your car!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Chris said:
They must be availableWhat would happen if you had them and they were damaged in an accident?
Please let us know how you get on
+1 - they will have put your registration plate into the system and identified your car doesn't have any rubbing strips. Go to a different dealer as that's a serious case of C.B.A.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are available as an option on DStyles, but they are standard on DSports.

They're either black or body coloured, depending on the colour of your car. Unless it's black of course. ;)

What colour is yours?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have part numbers!
They may even be accurate.

Front left: KC 8545 / 16 072 050 80
Front right: KE 8545 / 16 072 052 80
Rear left: CK 8546 / 16 072 054 80
Rear right: CJ 8546 / 16 072 056 80

From the description they seem to be primed, but not painted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone for your help, it's the bank holiday weekend coming up so i think i'll pay the main dealer a visit with all the knowledge i now have and see what they say

and Sarky Gitin reply to your question, mine's a silver one

thanks again all

·
Registered
56 Posts
Silver would be Arctic Steel?

If you want the rubbing strips to match the officially available options, I've compiled a list from my brochures.

Body coloured ONLY
Hickory Brown
Bourrasque Blue
Thorium Grey
Shark Grey
Whisper Purple

Black ONLY

Polar White
Pearl White
Arctic Steel
Babylon Red
Fluid Grey

Body coloured OR black
Platinum Grey
Pearl White

Body coloured AND black
Perla Nera Black (sorry, I couldn't resist)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went into the garage this morning with the part numbers I received on this thread, ordered them from the parts department and will have them fitted when they arrive hopefully next weekend.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I fear without them I'd still be trying to explain to the parts guy what I'm try to buy. Not been given an invoice yet but the parts shouldnt be any more than £300.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just ordered my side rubbing strips today from the dealer who'll have them delivered, sprayed and fitted soon, thanks everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts