Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the worst day today, was driving this morning for about 3 mins when a red warning light started flashing..... Engine over heat stop car now.......

Didn't know what the hell this was, so I took it ASAP to the citeron garage who said sorry but our service team don't work Sunday's, can you bring it back tomorrow, I then said well it said stop the car NOW, then a reply of it should be ok to drive but I'm only a salesman..... Not much use to me then... I'm really worried that if i go and then wait for tomorrow I might do the car more harm but I had no other option than to drive home and go back tomorrow. Anybody else had this happen??

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry cannot comment, but i do miss having an engine temp meter, at least you can make your own mind up,was the engine cooling fan running when you stopped and switched off the ignition ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's some device available which can measure such things like engine temperature, don't ask me how it works, all I know to date is that if you connect it to your i-phone you can read different measurements, you also need this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=pl
<h1 itemprop="name">MICRO MINI ELM327 V1.5 BLUETOOTH OBD2 ELM 327
</h1>
Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
231 Posts
that don't sound too good

i had my fan come on after a 4 mile ride to work but no lights on dash
up to now not done it again ( touch wood )
keep us posted to what you find out...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, ok I have finally got this problem solved, it turned out to be the electronic valve that was faulty, the citeron garage didn't know what the fault was until they sent their report direct to citeron, it took them a few days to reply but they did and said it will take a week or more to get this new part, the reason been is that we have found that most of the 2011 cars have now started to get this fault, they said they are going to have a recall to replace this part.
The cars is still ok to drive whilst you get this warning but it's been a right pain, I hope now all will be ok.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for the info, will wait and see if the recall comes through, if not will mention when I have mine serviced in July, although mine is a 2012 car they might have the same problem just not appearing yet.

Edited by: deresim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts