Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just been in the car, had warning light flash up saying temperature fault, coolant was in between min / max so I topped it up, now got warning saying engine fault repair needed, also have little engine light symbol on the dash.... ;( any ideas? Need to get home tomorrow from Scarborough to Leeds. Will it be safe to drive it home?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pudsey
Just had a flick through the forum & it seems some vehicles have problems with temp sensors going down.Was the car at running temp or cold & were the fans running ? See this post

·
Registered
472 Posts
I had similar fault, found if I stopped and then restarted the engine all lights cleared then came back on after about 250yards so couldn't have been overheating, if that is the case I would risk it, however if it is reporting overheating after the engine is hot I wouldn't take the chance and would go home on a transporter just to be on the safe side, the decision is yours

·
Registered
472 Posts
Any update for us

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi All

well i got home ok, the temp light came on after 2 mins so engine was not warm, the engine light did stay on for a while but for some reason this as now gone again.

i have talked with theCit garage and they seem to think its a bad temp sensor or coolant sensor, itsbookedin with them next wednesday, for now they said just keep a look at for the coolant levels.

i will let you know what they have done next week, thanks all :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Had same fault with mineTook them two attempts to put it right
Just a faulty sensor

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put a post up about this April last year, took citroen 3 attempts to solve, was a faulty sensor, but I have a sneaky feeling the sensor was plugged and removed to stop ongoing fault, as mine never failed again, they also replaced fuse box, pump and sensor lol in the 3 attempts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all
In the end they found it was the collant sensor, a few hours with them and it was all fixed, also got the car downloaded with any updates that was available.
Car running well, in fact it feels a little quicker.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Result, good on the downloads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts