1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Everyone
Just
popping my head in the door.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have
this evening been approved for finance for a new DS4 much to my amazement and
having spent a week working to convince the underwriters that I was a good risk
after what has been a spectacularly abysmal year for me.
I honestly didn't think it was even worth the time applying but I'm so glad
I did. So the build date is January for delivery early February, earlier if
possible! I'm genuinely excited for the first time in over a year!

I've got the weekend to make my final choice in colour, big decision! I've
provisionally ordered pearlescent white, but since looking through all the
promotional photos and videos Hickory Brown seems to be seriously tempting me""¦.
Think I need to see them all in the flesh so a trip to the dealer on Monday me
thinks!

No options though which is no great shakes as they are pretty well specked
as standard!

Gonna be a hard few weeks wait!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Pearl white all the way!!
Check out the gallery on here,lots of different colours,might help you decide.
What ever colour you go for I'm sure you'll enjoy owning a DS4.
What spec have you gone for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
Spent the last hour or so looking around here. Still favouring the white....
I've only got an 18 month lease, and hopefully by then I'll be in a more stable place life wise and can up spec.... Really like the DS4 Racing..... I recon that'll be a cracker!!

I'm getting the DStyle 160 HDI Manual.

Little concerened about all the Fuel economy threads on here. I'm swapping from a 150 CDTI Vectra with VXR kit which I've had from new and its never missed a beat, accelerates well and was good for its book 140mph top speed but would always return mid to late 50's and the odd 60mpg average on a journey. Most my mileage is motorways sat on the cruise at 70-80mph

No options, so a basic DStyle which seems to come with a lot of stuff anyway but I needed to minimise costs.

Looking forward to it. I hope it proves to be as reliable and economical as my Vectra has been for the last 6 years!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will the spoiler be white? Read somewhere that the black spoiler is part of a pack. But the configuator shows it as black without any options. I'd much prefer it white...!

Need to look into it more and ask when I'm at the dealer I guess.

I really want to add options but unfortunately it's really not an option! Excuse the pun!

Got a 24hr test drive in a DS5 next Saturday/Sunday. I should probably cancel now I'm getting a DS4 on lease but the opportunity to have a go in the DS5 is too tempting. I'd really like a DS5 but its just too much extra!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome SimonDS4!
3 years ago Brown was the new black, some say white is now the new black. Both come with perlescent paint so both are nice colours, although i prefer the Shark grey myself.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi and welcome .I have a 160 HDI Dstyle in black ,I really love it, my rear spoiler is painted but the car is black anyway so I don't know if they all come colour coded. Fuel economy, I get 47 mpg out of mine,never got anymore than that but I do use the performance and its only done 7000 miles so it might get better has the engine loosens up .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Driven on a dual carriageway almost legally I can get 53. When pushed its about 49 that's with 12 k on clock

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys
We'll its progressing. I've got access to the new car order tracker and the process has started at the factory, colour Pearl White! Surprised me a bit to see that a Reg No. has already been allocated but I've made a few enquirys and apparently thats all above board.

Dead excited. Just dont know how to keep my old car going utill the DS4 arrives, It needs 4 new tyres and even the cheapest budget ones which are dangerous in anything but the hotest dryest days are £70 each fitted! Reasonable budget tyres are £130 + VAT each!!!

Looking around for part worns but they are still coming in around the £50 each mark for badly worn ones!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it's almost here..

Got an email last week to say its in transit to the UK.

Had mixed feelings at the time as I'm still not 100% sure I'm doing the right thing getting rid of a car that's been so reliable but I guess that wouldn't have lasted forever.

Anyways. I'm definitely getting it, no turning back now, had the insurance quote a couple of days ago and only about £7 a month more expensive to insure so happy days!!!

Delivery in 2 weeks approx apparently....

Anxiously excited

·
Registered
267 Posts
Simon DS4

How would you rate the ride quality of the DS5 you tested? The car reviews seem to have an issue with them, as being too hard. Appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saw subject....

I turned up to the dealer, all documents in hand..... No car!

They hadn't been given my mobile number by Citroen so just didn't bother to keep the car there for me. Hasn't given me confidence in my local dealer. Think ill be looking to get all my servicing carried out by an independent.....

I do really like the DS5, not sure if ill ever get to lease one as you can get a mercedes C Class AMG diesel for quite a bit less money. Shame.

Just been given a choice of delivery dates starting with 12th February! Looks like I'm off the the DVLA in the morning to take the private reg off my Vectra!

It's almost mine!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Private reg put on retention.

Delivery booked for 14th February. My valentines present to myself! Awesome :eek:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it was a white one I wanted until I seen a silver one online, you will end up very disappointed with the MPG as you will never see 50 never mind 60 MPG on the screen!

Baz1976

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well she arrived.... My valentines present to me!

Sad to see the Vectra go!

120 miles yesterday! Gonna be difficult keeping to my 15k mileage allowance!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts