Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, yet another newbie. Had my Babylon red dstyle 1.6HDi about 10 days, moved from a Golf because of reliability issues (never thought I'd say that about a VW).Have to say that the articles I read prior to order were completely wrong about ride quality, my new car handles like a dream!
Looking forward to years of happy Citroen motoring :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Andrew I have the same car as you and have had it since February, my one is silver and I love the car, I was and still am pretty unhappy about fuel consumption as I don't get anywhere near the published figures, how has ur consumption Been since you got your car?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi I've got the 2.0 HDI dstyle and love it,I'm sure youwill too.I don't take a lot of notice of the press reviews either but I do think they were probably talking about the ride of the dsport with it's bigger wheels,it can be a bit hard for some people on our potholed/speedhumped roads. The other thing they go on about is the fact the back windows dont open,I never use the back and whenI did I turned the windows off to stop the kids playing with them.I get 47 mpg around town and dont think thats to bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Car handles very well considering thehight of the car. I must say I was a little concerned re the ride qualitybutam pleasently surprised. Just the vibration transmitted through the steering wheelover bumpyroads is a little disappointing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome Andrew
I have the DSport and the handling is firm but not as bad as some reviews make out.
The best reviews are from people who actually own the car and have to live with them everyday.

·
Registered
267 Posts
sbk61

Agree with chud 786, no issues for us with the ride quality who drive it everyday compared to those who tests if briefly. The ride is firm but i welcome itsdynamichandling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a couple of good runs over the last couple of days, fuel consumption is ok but is lower than official specs, however this is true of all cars, before this I had a golf bluemotion which claimed 78mpg, I rarely got over 60mpg out of it. Usage is a little heavier than the golf, but acceleration is much better and the ds4 is more powerful and heavier than the golf. I have been so impressed with the handling of te car, it's like nothing I could possibly have imagined :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts