DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im new on this site, and got my ds4 2.0hdi 160bhp last week, its is the best car i have purchased, i work for a local vw dealer and decided to go for something different, this is perfect for me, the only problem i have is the bluetooth, is shocking but im putting it down to my phone, when i took delivery off my car there was 3 dents on the car and then i found scratches on the car, but all was good and they sorted it out. but now i have found more scratch in the same place and i dont know what i can do? any ideas????

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi and welcome .

I've got the same car as you and I love it . I'm sure you'll enjoy it .
Concerning your scratches you could take it back to the dealer and tell them your not happy or you could take it for a professional machine polish at a goodvaleter's . If you can feel the scratch with you fingernail it may be to deep and need respraying . Good luck .

A lot of dealers call the teenager on minimum wage a valeter and use a old sponge in dirty water to wash the cars and the grit in the sponge scratches the car to death .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for your message, i have a number off problems with the paint work and the dents in the car, the dents have been sorted the paint work looks very orange peel to me the colour i have is blue met, i spoken to the dealer and was told speak to citreon direct, really what my local dealer is saying is get loss. so i have sent a really bad email to citreon direct to see what they can come up with.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome kazman, Ive also got the same car and very pleased with it.

How olds is your car?

The last time I heard of paint looking like orange peel is due to a crap respray!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with Rev G , orange peel is a crap respray !!!
Did you buy it from a Citroen main dealer ? Could it have been in a accident and had a cheap repair ? I hope Citroen can help but I don't think they would send a car out with orange peel paint . Good luck .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi all sorry for the late reply, the car is brand new 13 plate ive now had it for 4 weeks and had the dents sorted and was told via the dealer that the paintwork is like this as its a water base paint. ive had it it paint inspection do on it and it has not been in an accident or resprayed so its a question that im never going to know about, the main thing is i ordered the car and within a week it was ready for me to collect weird but true, and with all the problems that i have had im now thinking was it worth having, but i love the car just not the problems........ Citroen direct was shocking crap. but when i had all the choice off cars to purchase and spend 22k on a car its bad customer services.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome Kazman
If I had seen the scratches and dents when I collected the car I would have rejected it
It's a brand new car for goodness sake!!
Hope you get sorted

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the problem was it was delivered to me from peterbough to me in norwich, i didnt see the scratch until the driver had gone, the dents are sorted and i have now had a phone call from the dealer saying if i get a valet done on it they should get the scratches out, and to charge them for it, if it doesnt then its going to go back to them and that is what is agreed with them, i have a email stating this to. so all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts