Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Having picked up my DS4 1.6 HDI DStyle I thought I would join the forum and say hello. I have now had my car 2 weeks on Saturday, it is 10 months old with 12000 miles on the clock.

The reason I bought it was because I wanted something that was economical as I will be commuting to work and it will bemainly on motorways. The car that I part exd for it was a 2008 Subaru Impreza sti which I loved but was costing more money than I wanted to spend to go to work. I miss the car but I don't miss the tax, insurance and fuel bills.

What I think of my DS4:
Well I bought a metallic blue,with themotorway runs it will get lots of stone chips and get dirty quick and dark blue hides it pretty well (The Impreza was Metallic Grey and hid the dirt well too). So far I am glad that I chose this colour.

I think it is a rather nice looking car inside and out.
I agree with one of the other newbies to the forum about the monochrome centre screen, it looks out of place like they could not decide what they wanted to put in it so went to some random spare parts bin (just looks out of place compared to the colour dials and illuminated climate control).
I think the build quality is lacking in some areas such as the inside door cards are a little bit iffy but I think overall not to bad.

DAB Radio, I like the inclusion because of where I drive I can always get a station that I want and is always nice and clear (if it is a rubbish signal just will not play the station which suits me)

Now the main part the engine:
It is quieter inside than my Scooby was (road noise)but it is actually a lot quieter than I thought a diesel would be which is a winner.
The MPG is double to what I was getting before so well chuffed with that.
Car tax, I thought it would be a bit cheaper than £105 but still better than the £475 that I was paying before.

Overall Verdict
I have only owned it for 2 weeks but at the moment I am very happy with it, compared to other cars that I was looking at for this price (£12000), it seemed the best option and is ticking all the boxes that I wanted plus more. I will soon find out what the dealership is like too as the Bluetooth microphone is not working so Iam waiting for it to go in to be rectified.

So in a nutshell I am very happy with the car :) and hello Forum :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome, based on your description it looks like you got your car from motorpoint - I was quite impressed with them to be honest and paid the same as you for a 9,000 mile car in my favourite colour! The blue is lovely though.

Mines in for it's first service next week (I specifically wanted a car that hat not been serviced) and I'm mentioning the Bluetooth too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Frank,
I am probably making it sound worse than it actually is, its just that it is in a different car to my old car, brand new the impreza was 32k so I am probably been unfair to it.

I got it from Evans Halshaw in Stoke and they have been ok so far but we shall see what they do with the Bluetooth and the service they are doing on it. Mine was one of 4 that they had, the other three had 15-17k miles on them, I think they were all demo carsincluding mine.

I am liking it though and I am glad that I bought it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts