Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I currently own a DS3 & I'm looking at getting a 4 instead Not sure if I should go over to diesel, I'm looking at 2 white D style e-hdi 1.6 Auto Airdream's. The nearest has 38k miles, heated seats, satnav & DAB radio.The other which is further away has 17k miles but no satnav, heated seats or DAB, do I go with less miles on the clock or better spec?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Hi Yoshi
Welcome to the Forum
IMO...Better spec will always be a prefered option than mileage as you will always wish you had more later if you went for the lower mileage
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well still unsure after talking to s friend, now I'm not sure if I should go petrol or diesel!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The extra 15-20 mpg I got switching from a petrol Citroen C5 to a diesel DS4 was all the persuasion I needed... I have the 2.0 engine and it's great, but can't comment on the 1.6 though so others might be able to help with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm being told that the extra mpg won't be a saving in the long run for someone like me who only covers about 9,000 miles a year

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you only do 9k a year then the higher mileage model should be fine for you.

I would still look at the diesel. They say the figures don't always work out if buying new but not sure what the price difference is 2nd hand? Then you need to assume you'll get more back when you sell it.

Also, I like diesel for the extra performance and torque you get, not just about MPG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts