Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone's got a problem with their hill start? As there's no handbrake and just electronic parking brake behing the gearbox, i've had some problems with up hill starts. I can't seem to start it smoothly and i realise the DS4 holds for a bit when you let go of the footbrake on a slope- but problem is it's either a very shakey/ jolt like start, requiring heavy rev (rolling back a little most times).. or as had happened to me...i stalled...

So if anyone can give me some advice or tips or maybe even telling me what i'm doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

Obvs just got it for a couple days but desperate to know if it's just getting used to the timing or if im missing something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have u tried putting the electronic handbraake on manually so you dont need your foot on the footbrake?All you need to do is pull it up and it will come on. If its a really steep hill if you keep pulling after it comes on it wwill increase the brake pressure. When you accelerate it goes off automatically.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Willwu - I would suggest pulling up ( engaging) the electronic handbrake on an incline. When you press the accelerator pedal it automatically disengage-its actually very easy to use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for the advice. I always manually disengaged the electronic brake by pressing the brakes and pulling the electronic break whenever i started the car..but only had it for a couple days. Very smoothly done today! Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My cars got hillstart assist,I thought it was standard on the Ds4. My car has a manual gearbox and I thought my hillstarts were very smooth when compared to the Vauxhall I had before.I just hold it on the foot brake and then pull off, it disengages straight away.If I just take my foot off the brake it holds for about ten seconds then starts to roll back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts