Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see how you normally find out what your delivery date is (apart from the obvious giving the dealer a chase).
I see people have mentioned getting emails from Citroen etc. I don't see to have received any of this. I have had a letter saying from the head office saying thanks for purchasing etc, but nothing to say when it is actually being delivered since.

I haven't been over impressed with the dealer I purchased through anywayand feel like I am always chasing him for an answer. I was told 3 weeks ago I would get a call with an update, but then heard nothing. I had to call him, and he said it is still in the factory, so not sure when it will arrive.

Perhaps I am just getting a bit impatient as I put the order in at the beginning of February, and am just keen to get behind the wheel. What is the usual delivery time from when it is still in the factory?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Up to 2 months, that's what they say. Depends what colour and how many options you order, I guess. I waited only 3 weeks for mine, which seems very short. In my case I got a call from the dealer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I didn't have too many options. Just went for the DStyle with the 19inchs and Xenon headlights package.
I wonder whether I will get the new radio? Not that I know what difference it will actually make?

Will call the dealer next week, as he mentioned 2nd week of March. Be good to have it for the Easter Weekend when I get to shoot down to Wales.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a letter when I placed the order (25th Jan) and then another letter stating it had left the factory (15th Feb) Picked mine up on 8th March and by all accounts my order jumped the queue a little for some reason.

A lot of it depends on the build slot, if you ordered in February then I believe it gets a March build slot, that could be March 1st or 31st depending on other orders. On the plus side I was told March builds get the DAB radio.

The dealer should be able to give you a target date for when it leaves the factory, every order has this but can fluctuate.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the phonecall from the dealer today, to say that it was due to leave the factory at the end of the week or beginning of next. It would then take about 2 weeks before it arrived in the country (must be a very slow truck from France
).
Haven't had a letter yet, but counting down the sleeps now.

Fingers crossed it comes with the DAB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I phoned the dealer that i ordered my car from to check my delivery date which is set at 26th of april "he hopes"that this will be the case .I also asked if it will come with a dab radio and his reply was , dab what now, ? in other words he has not got a clue. disappointing coustomer service

·
Registered
62 Posts
HOT NEWS CITROEN RUSH TO FOR FILL ORDERS SEE YOUR SHINEY NEW CAR LOADED FOR TRANSPORT TO YOUR DOOR WATCH THE VIDEO AT uk.news.yahoo.com/video/car-load-doesnt-planned115103524.html you have got to laugh

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think the dealers lack of knowledge comes from France to be honest, we are uk main dealers for a French agricultural machinery manufacturer and getting info for customers or delivery dates is very difficult, even when dealing face to face if they don't like the question they shrug their shoulders and look petulant quickly changing the subject.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my new DStyle on the 14th Feb. Now the 17th April and i still have no delivery date. Admitted I asked for a sat nav and upgraded hifi but I still think this wait is excessive!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am the same red222, ordered with sat nav, however i have at least been told it has left the factory and its estimated to be with me w/c 29th April.

·
Registered
62 Posts
CANT WAIT !!!FRIDAY 26TH IS FINALLY DELIVERY DAY I PICK UP MY DS4 DSTYLE DESEIL AT 930 AM, ITS BEEN A LONG LONG WAIT THEN ITS OFF DOWN THE COAST FOR ALONG WEEKEND WITH THE WIFE AND THE DS4 .I WILL SOON BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON THE DS4 FIRST HAND AND HERE'S HOPING ITS ALL GOOD CHEERS GUYS

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's great news jbdog

Must have been on the sameshipmentas mine, I went and signed all the paperwork last night, as they said they had to push it all through before the end of the month, so delivery of mine must be imminent

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the feedback deanOwill hope you get your your new wheels this week tell us how you are doing first impressions etc...

·
Registered
5 Posts
DStyleordered on the 14th Feb, now 30th April and the dealer is still saying they cannot confirm a delivery date. Very unimpressed as i was told on the 3rd April that it had been built and given a chasis number. Not impressed. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

·
Registered
62 Posts
red222 ordered mine at end of jan did not get it delivered till 26 april but at least the delay resulted in geting a dab radio ,i understand your fustration but hang in there dude its well worth it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Delivery of mine confirmed for this Friday May 3rd, however I wondered if I should hold off until Saturday, when it is Star Wars day, May the 4th be with you, as it looks a bit like a stormtrooper hehe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea dude go into collect your new car dressed as darth vader waving alight saber ,if you dont have a light saber take a chain saw the dealer will s**t himself you might even get free mats just so you leave, igot a free painting from my dealer of some boats on the clyde may the force be with you my son......

·
Registered
312 Posts
jbdog
Your dealer isn't Arnold Clark by any chance ? Iwas given a free painting when I brought a Vauxhall , my wife asked if we could swap it for a bottle of screen wash , cheeky mare !
She took it straight round a charity shop on her way home .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep it was would have prefered some mats or flaps but that seems like a good idea to take it to the charity shop or keep it and pass it off as a preezie for someone i dont like
cheers SBK61

1 - 20 of 30 Posts