Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've still got a little time before i get mine. But in the mean time it would be nice to hear how all you lucky people, who already have yours, are getting along.
What's great, what's good, what's....ok?

·
Registered
85 Posts
For me it is great to have a DS4!
My latest one was a 7 seater SUV but I don't miss it at all!!
The kids (5 & 7) have enough room in the back.
The car is a real headturner (existing word?) en I had no negative
comments at all!
What I certainly not miss are the huge petrol bills!!
And in Holland my taxes went down almost by half.
I Just have the car for 14 days so about garagebills and other bills I can't tell you.
But if you want to know something specifics let me know.
I'll be glad to help. (if I can)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Gristle,Well took delivery in August, I was lucky and were presented the keys by Mr Charles Peugeot himself at Citroen Slough so 6 months and 6 thousand miles later I love it. We live half in England and Half nr Valencia in Spain so back and forth, it is the 200bhp Sport with 19" wheels which is lovely till you hit the British roads but the wheels look so great I put up with that...I had a C5 before so the ride seemed a bit Fordish but soon got use to it as it is a real head turner (white with black wheels) love the massaging seats and the blind spot moniter,the onlyfault isyou can change the colour of the dials but you cannot change from mph to kph
it hasn't even got kph round the outer clock. But generally I love it, so much fun to drive.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
citroenwrc said:
Hi Gristle,
Well took delivery in August, I was lucky and were presented the keys by Mr Charles Peugeot himself at Citroen Slough so 6 months and 6 thousand miles later I love it. We live half in England and Half nr Valencia in Spain so back and forth, it is the 200bhp Sport with 19" wheels which is lovely till you hit the British roads but the wheels look so great I put up with that...I had a C5 before so the ride seemed a bit Fordish but soon got use to it as it is a real head turner (white with black wheels) love the massaging seats and the blind spot moniter,the onlyfault isyou can change the colour of the dials but you cannot change from mph to kph
it hasn't even got kph round the outer clock. But generally I love it, so much fun to drive.....

Hi citroenwrc,

You can change the speedometer to KPH by selecting Personalisation configuration/Display Configuration/Choice of Unitsand selecting "1/100km". This will then change the speedo in the centre of the dash to KPH.

Just tried it in mine and it works but I have the DStyle without the Satnav so apologies if the menu setting names differ slightly from the DSport with Satnav.

Hope this helps

Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Gristle,

I took delivery of my DStyle 2.0 HDI 160 in white last Friday so very much a Newbie here myself.

However -after a solid weekend of driving and a 2 hour commute today I have tried it on most road types and spent a god amount of time in it.

The first and most obvious thing about the car is the styling - I think we'd all agree it's a beautiful car and one which really makes you stand out.

With regards to the ride, I find the ride is a lot smoother on the DStyle wheels as opposed to the DSport wheels as I found these to be a little too harsh for British roads on test drive. But this is very much a personal preference so whatever works for you. Across both test drive carsand my own, the car handles superbly well and really is a solid and engaging driving experience. I test drove, the VWGolf, Ford Focus and Vauxhall Astra and these were all lacking compared to the DS4.

The build quality of the car seems much better than Citroens of the past and everything feels like it is a quality peice of equipment. The dials, dash, buttons etc all seem well made and are again just a little bit different to the mundane VWs of this world.

Size wise it's bigger than my 2009 Focus I had previously and more than comfortable on long journeys for me, my wife and our 2 children. The boot is a good size and gets even bigger if you utilise the space under the bot floor mat. (I managed to stash 6 bottles of coke there this morning!

The seats are very comfy and feel luxurious, not too keen on the massage function myself as I'm not sure it does a great deal and just seems to distract me when I'm driving.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the car and really cannot find any faults at the moment. If I was being very picky I think the only thing I have wished was different is the size of the draws under the front seats. I find these are far too small to be useful and have seen much bigger in other cars. (however as this is my only slight negative, I hope it shows how good the car is).

Regards
Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for that Steve, just in time as we are of back to Spain in the morning so will have a go, and I didnt have the sat nav so should be the same......
Ian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Dan,Driving in Spain was no problem without KPH as the police are in the bars having a drink, no they are not as hot in our region,but its going throu France they are getting bad, so now Steve has told me how to change the central no's feel a lot better. The problem is when the speed drops from 130 kph to say 100 kph by the time you've worked it out you have gone throu a speed camara....lol
also anyone interested you can get French motorway tags from Sanaf in England very useful....

Ian....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts