Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....hoping some on can tell me how to change the gear Knob on a DS4 2.0 6 Speed Manual?<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">I have done a forum search but nothing on doing this on the DS4.<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Not sure it is the same as the C4 2.0 6 speed manual and can simply pull off, would just like to check before i try as do not want to damage anything attempting to do this.<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Any help appreciated

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Ask your dealer?
Or Citroen CS?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ask the dealer who said it just pulls off, but was asking if any members had done it and how easy it was or the best way to pull it off.

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
OK..I didn't know you had asked alreadyGood luck with it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, actually just changed one on the wife's DS3 which just pulled up as U think, the DS4 looks exactly the same go for it.Darren

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
darrensj said:
Hi, actually just changed one on the wife's DS3 which just pulled up as U think, the DS4 looks exactly the same go for it.Darren

Cheers.....Will do Darren as soon as part arrives will give it a go

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please let us know how you get on and how easy it is, I was thinking of doing the same :)

thanks

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Replace with which knob?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris said:
Replace with which knob?

Replacing with a genuine citroen part, only difference is i have ordered thePurple - Red Leather Gear Knob to match the colour of the car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duffusdip said:
Please let us know how you get on and how easy it is, I was thinking of doing the same :)

thanks

Will do and will post some pics

·
Registered
25 Posts
It should have a rubbery insert inside and only fits one way, it has a sort of cross shapeif it is exactly the same as the DS3 one I did, when you push on it sort of reaches a point it clicks into place and stays firm, sorry should have said that before to help. I think it will share the same part as DS3.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
darrensj said:
It should have a rubbery insert inside and only fits one way, it has a sort of cross shapeif it is exactly the same as the DS3 one I did, when you push on it sort of reaches a point it clicks into place and stays firm, sorry should have said that before to help. I think it will share the same part as DS3.

I did ask the dealer and it is not the same part as the DS3 as they had the DS3 ones on a special offer, but said they would not fit, not sure what the difference is?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i braced myself today and gave my knob a good yank
and off it came, not that hard really, just waiting for new one to arrive

1 - 14 of 14 Posts