DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car broke down again yesterday. When I tried to push it off the road, I couldn't. Put the egs in "N ", but the handbrake wouldn't disengage despite my attempts to switch it off.Is there a way to push the car? Or am I missing something obvious. Would be good to know given the number of times this car breaks down

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to the manual you should be able to put it in neutral, click the key to the first poisiton in the ignition and disengage the parking brake.

On the above point, the manual sort of contradicts itself by also mentioning that in addition to the above you need to press the brake pedal and then pull the release. It should display a message stating the handbrake is off.

There is also an emergency release that can be seen on pages 196-197, but it involves removing the spare/foam form the boot.

I would not recommend using the emergency release unless there is an actual failure of the brake or the battery runs out.

Good luck mate, and sorry to hear you have been having issues!

Edited by: iwelford

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that iwelford. My mistake may have been not to click the key to 1st position. I should have read the manualbut then its hard to read the manual when you're broken down in traffic as it might appear to other road users that you're just not bothered. I'll try it again in a more controlled enviornment. If all else fails, I'm gonna press the red button and see what happens

·
Registered
26 Posts
No worries dude. Shouldn't even have to worry about it.

Really bad that you are having issues and they are not getting resolved quickly!

It's fair to say that Citroen have a reputation which they need to change, and leaving people like this won't change it. Problems happen, it is how they are dealt with that matters.

It should be their top priority! They should go study Skoda, even if it is owned by VW. What a change of fortunes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not getting resolved at. Car just back from Dealers. The fault is not showing up on Diagnostic, therefore, according to Citroen, it doesn't exist. The fault is intermittent, recurring and temporary and therefore is hard to pin down. I do admire that car 's sense of style and drama however. When it does break down, it will always do so in the most inappropriate places and when there is a full audience. Next time, I will record in on Video

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW have to agree about Skoda. Wife drives one and its a super car. Not as good looking as the DS. At least the DS looks good as it sits in the centre of the road not going anywhere, a little like a premadonna.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts