DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've noticed the last couple of days when I turn my front wheels as far as you can and Then try to move forward I hear a strange noise, it sounds like I've a flat tyre or me ally wheels as touching the floor, I know it's sounds a bit wired but I don't like it.
Just looked at my front and back wheels and found they are different but not sure what that means, please see below, do I have the correct tyres on the front?

Front = 225/40 ZR 19, 93w

Back = 225/40 R 19, 93Y

What is the difference ? And do I need to change my front wheels?

Thanks Edited by: pudseycongs

·
Registered
268 Posts
pudseycongs said:
Hi all

I've noticed the last couple of days when I turn my front wheels as far as you can and Then try to move forward I hear a strange noise, it sounds like I've a flat tyre or me ally wheels as touching the floor, I know it's sounds a bit wired but I don't like it.
Just looked at my front and back wheels and found they are different but not sure what that means, please see below, do I have the correct tyres on the front?

Front = 225/40 ZR 19, 93w

Back = 225/40 R 19, 93Y

What is the difference ? And do I need to change my front wheels?

Thanks

Mine are 225/40 R Front and rear think the ZR are supposed to be slightly better.
The noise could be your discs if the car has been stood for a day or two.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi gazds

Car not stood, it seems to happen every time in put full to near full lock on, i don't like it what ever it is

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have just had a chat with the dealer about this very thing. I have to do a three point turn to get out of my parking space and when the steering is turned to full lock - or near enough - the tyres seem to skip across the floor. A bit like a scrubbing noise. As a result, my front tyres have worn down quite quickly and so I'm having the fronts replaced (I have 225/40 R19 93Y all round). The dealer told me that the turning circle on the DS4 is very good and hence the reason why the car is lurching when I try and move forward. I don't really like the explanation - I would expect that in a RWD car, not a FWD and so I have asked for the technicians to check it over regardless. Will let you know next Tuesday...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Will be interested to see what they find out, checked and mine does not do it on full lock

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all
Got two new tyres from my local Alba tyres, I bought a make called vredestrien, very happy with them, they are just as good as the top makes but don't cost as much, £190 each fitted. I also got them to put Nitrogen in them instead of std air, better for the big 19" wheels I have.
Cheers

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine also makes a noise when in full lock reversing off the driveOnly time I've noticed it
Keep us posted.

Nitrogen,interesting!
Why is it better?
What happens when you need to top up the pressure?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Using nitrogen keeps these tyres cool when on a motorway or long runs, thus not as much wear on them, it will last about 3 months, you the then need to go back and get them filled, only cost £2.50 per tyre.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My last car had 20" rims and the tyres were filled with nitrogen, although I checked the tyres regularly at first I never had to top them up and only paid the 2.50 when I needed new tyres at about 22k miles for rears and 25k for fronts at £450 per tyre not cheap

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi There...

Curious to know if you Techs found anything wrong? I had the same complaint, but the service center said everything was ok, and there was nothing they could find that could cause that noise...

thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, I have a DSPORT 200THP and mine judderswhen i have full lock on in reverse. Its definetley the front tyresskipping sideways.Only had it 5 days. It feels like there is too much lock and needs a rack limiter.
Anybody managed to get this fixed on warranty?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts