Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned a '63 plate 1.6 200 THP since November and both my wife and myself love the car.Its been back in the garage a couple of times already due to an engine management light coming on but this has been repaired.
The main reason for posting is that the remaining miles indicator on dash ( below fuel gauge ) displays on start up but blanks out after about 5 minutes of driving. Anyone else experience this ?
Also on the LHS of dashboard display (below rev counter) there is no gear shift indication working i.e either the gear that is engaged is not displayed neither is itdisplayedanywhere on the central display.I queried this when last in the garage but was told that this is normal for this model. Can anyone help/advise ? , going to call garage about first issue anyway but would like a heads up on the second.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

I can't help with regards to the remaining milage, mine always shows. As for the gear display, I think I read somewhere it will never show 1st/2nd and then the gears 3/4/5/6 only show when it's suggesting you change up, once in the gear it suggests it will disappear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter
Thank you for replying.
Yeswith minethe miles remaining used to be displayed all the time this has changed since last week.
There has never been any gear shift indication shown since we got the car which I find surprising.
Have looked through manual and for both types of dashboard displays mentioned both mention this being on the LHS dial. Relatively minor issue but would be good to get sorted because otherwise v. happy with car.
Iain

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you a electronic or automatic gearbox?

<div ="page" title="Page 36">
<div ="section" style=": rgb90.000000%, 100.000000%, 77.500000%">
<div ="layoutArea">
<div ="column">

With an electronic or automatic gearbox, this
indicator appears only in manual mode.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I'd make sure the dealer fixed it, on numerous occasions I look down to see it telling me to change up, its very handy and obviously saves fuel.

Good luck.

Edited by: Peter

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't think the DSport petrol models have the gearshift indicator fitted. It's a fairly useless item anyway.

As for ten miles to go, that is odd - do you have this appear in the centre console if you've selected the relevant trip meter (I think it's the one that shows instantaneous mpg)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have looked at that as well and instead of a figure all that appears is a blanked out display (--------)
This figure used to be shown. Looks like trip computer problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clarifying ,
yes I agree that the gear shift it is fairly irrelevant just wnted to make sure that I wasn't been fobbed off by dealer on previous visit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The is no gear shift indicator on my petrol THP 200 (and thank god for that
).The trip computer only counts up to a certain (small) number of km/miles (I dont recall but I think mine stopped at some 3500 km or so...). Just reset it to 0 (zero) and it will be back.

Edited by: Carsten

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.