Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Just a quick query regarding submitting details for my insurance quote.

Do you have to declare additions such as the 19inch wheels and lighting option as mods? I have ordered the Dstyle?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Saeagle said:
Hey,

Do you have to declare additions such as the 19inch wheels and lighting option as mods? I have ordered the Dstyle?

Cheers in advance.

So long as you have an official document with the spec as supplied by Citroen I cant see a problem, its factory fit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is what I have found over the years.....

Some insurance companies do ask for a list of the optionsaddedas it increases the value of the car but this will vary and depend on the Insurance company, just state they are options and not mods.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Saeagle said:
Hey,

Cheers in advance.

19" alloys and led/Xenon lights are std on DSport but options on others, therefore you should declare them as options to insurer or they would only pay out for a std car if you had an incident. Some insurers do see changing alloys etc as being a go-faster signal and up premiums accordingly, so shop around.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers All.
I asked the question to the dealer who said that as fitted factory options they should not be declared.

But I think I will take the advice above and at least mention them and see what the quotes come back with. I was more concerned with the insurance being invalidated than not being paid the full amount.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A wise move saeagle,As most Citroen dealers do not rate very highly for service quality, taking their advice on insurance may be risky. At least if you declare to your insurance company, they cannot use it against you in future.

If you take the Dealers advice literally and had bought an Audi for example you could have up to £20k of extras/options on your car price. Would an insurer honour you not disclosing them until an incident - exactly! Be safe, not sorry......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Rich.cath.
Actually the one I was thinking of going with anyway, didn't seem to vary when I put it the additional extras online. But probably best talking direct to them, as the online options arent exactly great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts