Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my DStyle and hooked up my 5th gen ipod and it works fine. However whilst I can select artists, albums and playlists, I dont see my podcast folder anywhere. Should this be visible?

Also it is very annoying that you cant pick artists by letter, you have to scroll through every artist to get to the one you want. If you have hundreds of artists and want one beginning with Z then it will take 5 minutes to get there! Unless I am missing a quick way to jump through the lists!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sure I read in the manual (think it was in there) that you could select podcasts, but have not seen this on the interface. I'd also be interested if anyone knows a quick way to jump through the artists!!

I will probably use playlists more, but playback seems a little erratic sometimes in terms of song selection. Seems to randomly jump to a different playlist at times.

What I was wondering is, do they ever issue updated firmware on these types of things? As in the firmware running what you see on the screen in the car? Would Citroen be responsible for this or a third party? Or is it just unlikely that any updates would be issued?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The iPod functionality is awful. The only way to skip through list quicker is using the >> button on the radio as it goes through pages in the list. There is a awy of getting to playlists but it isn't straightforward and I can never remember it as the whole process with connected iPods is convoluted (don't get me started on the 999 track limit or the fact it always reverts to the first track of the first artist).

Sometimes it's easier just to connect the iPod to the headphone jack input and just control everthing from the iPod. That certainly makes random play of all tracks actually possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The process of selecting Playlists rather than Artists is a bit bizarre. You would think top menu would match the iPod menu selection, as in Artists, Albums, Playlists, Podcasts etc. But the highest you can go to is one level below that and then to change category you need to press a menu button on the dashboard and go change media options.

This is all stuff that could be fixed with a simple software update though, just not sure if it is normal for a manufacturer to update these things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone just plugged a memory stick loaded with music into the USB slot and played music that way? Will it work?
Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Tinka said:
Has anyone just plugged a memory stick loaded with music into the USB slot and played music that way? Will it work?
Cheers
Works fine that way. If you load the USB with the folders organised like iTunes so (so arranged by artist, and then album) then you can select an Artist first, and then an Album i.e. directly off the folder hierarchy - no ability to search I don't think.

I don't think the iPod interface is too bad. Not perfect for sure, but try using some other OEM units and you will think it is brilliant by comparison

1 - 6 of 6 Posts