Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the question I got from some young lad about an hour ago as I was parked outside the Chinese takeaway, as he walked past and looked back a few times

If it wasn't for the Citroen double-chevrons, I don't think any of the group would have had a clue what make the DS4 was

First time I can recall for a very long time (if ever) had someone do a double-take about a car I have owned

·
Registered
202 Posts
Lol, we took a walk down southern down by us, parked up by the sea and a group of walkers walked passed and kept looking at the car, I heard 1 guy say that's a nice car, I modded and said yes it is! I feel so proud of my car. X

·
Registered
202 Posts
But I did hear him say is that a Citroen. I take it Citroen don't have much of a good reputation as most ppl I talk to say they'd never drive a French car but its the best and most reliable car iv ever had (hope I haven't jinxed myself) xxx

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is very hard to shake off a bad reputation earned many years ago. Loads of people say they would never buy a Fiat due to rust issues, electrics, etc, but we had 2 Puntos from new, over a total of 12 years without any breakdowns or unscheduled services - though in 13th year the 2nd one started to go wrong with sunroof and an injector (though it was 7 years old by then) and got traded for a Panda (and the Puntos averaged under £1k depreciation a year to boot)
My only other citroen was a BX run as a company car between 1990-93 and the only problem with that was the exhaust fell off after 2 years!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was leaving work the other night, and a bloke from CBS advertising was admiring my car. got chatting and he was saying how he had just bought a Audi A3 and how boring it was compared to DS's . I'm proud of my car

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've heard audi's arnt all that. My husband wanted a Audi but changed his mind after driving both the Audi and DS. Xxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
I get to drive a lot of hire cars whilst I'm travelling abroad and I've had most of the DS4/Citroen C4 competitors to try out for a few days at a time, including the Ford Focus, VW Golf, Audi A3 and Mercedes A200 CDI. I'm always glad to get back to the airport in the UK and into my DS4, there's still nothing in its class that matches it as far as I'm concerned. Still the car industry's best kept secret...

·
Registered
578 Posts
To be honest German cars look boring and look very similar to each other. Have a theory they are all built in the same factory and some litle nurd sticks different badge son them!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think German cars arejustnot special anymore , they are everywhere . They have become the Cortina of the millennium or for those under 40 the Mondeo of the millennium .

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have got admiring comments about the look of the car from complete strangers. Beginning to see quite a few more DS4s on the streets of Paris.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As with most makes you can get bad and good. I had an old Clio and had no bother in 4 years of owning yet my last Clio, albeit a 197 had no end of problems from clutch under warranty, exhaust blown, rear brake discs seizing, it was costing a fortune every year, but had you asked me before I got all I had was one puncture in 4 years. Audi's are good solid cars, my sister only just got rid of hers after 13 years of having it from new and nothing had gone apart from the turbo in the latter two years. This is my first citroen. I was also looking at hyundai before I got this and my mate warned me off them because of a friend who had a bad experience with two of them. Most makes now need to be good just to stay in the race and I think all have good and bad stories to tell about them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts